Default What the hell?

International baseball has a new 11th inning rule for tie games.

Runners on First and Second and a batter - each side gets to decide a
new batting order and selects the runners. Each team gets a turn.

Can't wait for the twelveth inning - load the bases? :)

International baseball has a new 11th inning rule for tie games.

Runners on First and Second and a batter - each side gets to decide a
new batting order and selects the runners. Each team gets a turn.

Can't wait for the twelveth inning - load the bases? :)

Sounds something like college football overtime.

On Aug 15, 4:37*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
International baseball has a new 11th inning rule for tie games.

Runners on First and Second and a batter - each side gets to decide a
new batting order and selects the runners. *Each team gets a turn.

Can't wait for the twelveth inning - load the bases? *:)

Same strange rules with Olympic basketball:

http://www.interbasket.net/olympics/...ifferences.htm

The court is also laid out differently in the Olympics.

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:40:26 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

.. .
International baseball has a new 11th inning rule for tie games.

Runners on First and Second and a batter - each side gets to decide a
new batting order and selects the runners. Each team gets a turn.

Can't wait for the twelveth inning - load the bases? :)

Sounds something like college football overtime.

Exactly the same actually under the new NCAA rules. Even pro hockey I
think - the shootout is similar.

I don't know - I kind of like the whole concept of ties in amateur
sports - extending play just seems - wrong I guess.

Pro sports - that's a different deal, although I think I could make a
case for ties there also.

We have a CIAC "fair play" rule here in CT that is the lamest rule
ever foisted on athletes and/or athletics and, frankly, one that
caused me to quit being a baseball ump/basketball&football referee and
varsity highschool volleyball coach about five years ago.

I won't go into the what and why, but it was obviously designed by
some soccer mom who has no concept of the term competition. :)

wrote:
International baseball has a new 11th inning rule for tie games.

Runners on First and Second and a batter - each side gets to decide a
new batting order and selects the runners. *Each team gets a turn.

Can't wait for the twelveth inning - load the bases? *:)

Same strange rules with Olympic basketball:

http://www.interbasket.net/olympics/...ifferences.htm

The court is also laid out differently in the Olympics.

I like the International rules for basketball and hockey.

wrote:
International baseball has a new 11th inning rule for tie games.

Runners on First and Second and a batter - each side gets to decide a
new batting order and selects the runners. Each team gets a turn.

Can't wait for the twelveth inning - load the bases? :)

Same strange rules with Olympic basketball:

http://www.interbasket.net/olympics/...ifferences.htm

The court is also laid out differently in the Olympics.

I like the International rules for basketball and hockey.

With the players getting bigger & faster all the time, The NHL should adopt
the International ice size.
This might encourage smaller, fast skaters to play.

wrote:
International baseball has a new 11th inning rule for tie games.

Runners on First and Second and a batter - each side gets to decide a
new batting order and selects the runners. Each team gets a turn.

Can't wait for the twelveth inning - load the bases? :)

Same strange rules with Olympic basketball:

http://www.interbasket.net/olympics/...ifferences.htm

The court is also laid out differently in the Olympics.

I like the International rules for basketball and hockey.

With the players getting bigger & faster all the time, The NHL should adopt
the International ice size.
This might encourage smaller, fast skaters to play.

I agree.

A possible good change (if it happens) depending on how they decide to
use it.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...,4410543.story
RMR RMR is offline

Mabey we should put them in dresses too.. If you are too small for
pro hockey, you go to Europe and play B league... The captain of our
HS hockey team was the higest scoring player in the league, he was a
defensive player His dad was a coach for the Canadiens long time
ago, and when they moved here they bought a house with a chickenhouse
to flood and the kid lived at the local areana.. Anyway, as good as he
way, he was only 5'10" and probably 170 max.. He had to go play in
europe, my wifes cousin has a similar story.. too bad, they both had
the skills to play pro, just not here...

wrote:
International baseball has a new 11th inning rule for tie games.

Runners on First and Second and a batter - each side gets to decide a
new batting order and selects the runners. Each team gets a turn.

Can't wait for the twelveth inning - load the bases? :)

Same strange rules with Olympic basketball:

http://www.interbasket.net/olympics/...ifferences.htm

The court is also laid out differently in the Olympics.

I like the International rules for basketball and hockey.

With the players getting bigger & faster all the time, The NHL should
adopt the International ice size.
This might encourage smaller, fast skaters to play.

Actually, I always thought the smaller, shorter skater had the advantage on
smaller rinks. They can in the short haul accelerate faster, but get them
long legs a stretch on a big rink, big guy wins into the boards.

What the hell is going on? JohnH General 0 March 13th 06 11:03 PM
I'm going to hell! Bob Crantz ASA 14 December 16th 04 10:40 PM
What the Hell???? Bobsprit ASA 12 August 28th 04 01:40 AM
HeLL!!! last General 0 August 11th 04 04:22 AM
What the Hell is That? Simple Simon ASA 2 August 26th 03 10:47 PM