Simple Simon

Default What the Hell is That?

Hey, stupid, it's rude an illegal to shine a spotlight anywhere
near the helm of a vessel underway.

S.Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
As she sailed by we ran our spot.

NH_/\)_

We purchased a pair of the offshore 54 by tasco works very nice
Waterproof 7x50mm 366ft/1000yrds 122m/1000m #0SS41

NH_/)_

http://nortech-cs.com/sailusa/index4.htm

"Bill Oskars" wrote in message
nk.net...
Why didn't you use your Gen III super expensive night vision googles you

fat
dork.

Don't have any?

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
After posting a query about adding a tricolor masthead light, I had a
interesting moment.
Friday night, local storms, but still a pretty black night. We had just

passed
a pair of large ships with some sort of structure between them. To port

Suzanne
spotted some type of structure showing two green and a white. The greens

were
stacked and I thought I could make out some type of structure. Some kind

of
floating rig? I looked away and when I turned back I could see that it

was
HUGE sloop. She was running dual nav lights, on the masthead and hull.

She
was
also running her anchor light. As she sailed by we ran our spot. Her

sails
were
some kind of silver/black material. They looked black mostly.
Running her dual lights was confusing. I suspect she was going for

better
visibility in the thick haze. She slid past us easily (we were doing

about
6
knots) and quickly dissapeared. So much for running dual lights.

RB

The_navigator©

Which goes to show that money can be very stupid

Cheers MC

Bobsprit wrote:

After posting a query about adding a tricolor masthead light, I had a
interesting moment.
Friday night, local storms, but still a pretty black night. We had just passed
a pair of large ships with some sort of structure between them. To port Suzanne
spotted some type of structure showing two green and a white. The greens were
stacked and I thought I could make out some type of structure. Some kind of
floating rig? I looked away and when I turned back I could see that it was a
HUGE sloop. She was running dual nav lights, on the masthead and hull. She was
also running her anchor light. As she sailed by we ran our spot. Her sails were
some kind of silver/black material. They looked black mostly.
Running her dual lights was confusing. I suspect she was going for better
visibility in the thick haze. She slid past us easily (we were doing about 6
knots) and quickly dissapeared. So much for running dual lights.

RB

Hell with boats, lets talk O.T's Florida Keyz General 7 July 18th 04 05:02 AM
Trim Tilt Hell Ppleworks General 2 June 23rd 04 12:28 AM
(OT ) Dumb Dumb Dumb! (maybe he'll shoot himself in the foot) Jim General 19 June 8th 04 05:36 PM
Tow Vehicle from hell. Clams Canino General 4 December 27th 03 04:55 PM