Default Boat shows

I have never been to a boat show mostly because I cannot imagine ever
buying a new boat. I was talking to someone and he mentioned paying
to get into a boat show and it didnt occur to me till later that that
was weird. You have to PAY to go look at merchandise? Does that make
any sense? I am the kind of guy who will not wear clothing with a
logo because I think the company ought to pay me to advertise for them
but paying just to look at merchandise seems truly strange. Is this
true? Do you pay to go into boat shows?

On Aug 12, 7:33*pm, wrote:
I have never been to a boat show mostly because I cannot imagine ever
buying a new boat. *I was talking to someone and he mentioned paying
to get into a boat show and it didnt occur to me till later that that
was weird. *You have to PAY to go look at merchandise? *Does that make
any sense? *I am the kind of guy who will not wear clothing with a
logo because I think the company ought to pay me to advertise for them
but paying just to look at merchandise seems truly strange. *Is this
true? *Do you pay to go into boat shows?

In my area you pay for parking and pay to get in. I stopped going to
them.
HK HK is offline

JimH wrote:
On Aug 12, 7:33 pm, wrote:
I have never been to a boat show mostly because I cannot imagine ever
buying a new boat. I was talking to someone and he mentioned paying
to get into a boat show and it didnt occur to me till later that that
was weird. You have to PAY to go look at merchandise? Does that make
any sense? I am the kind of guy who will not wear clothing with a
logo because I think the company ought to pay me to advertise for them
but paying just to look at merchandise seems truly strange. Is this
true? Do you pay to go into boat shows?

In my area you pay for parking and pay to get in. I stopped going to
them.

My boat dealer provides customers who want to go to local boat shows
with freebie tickets. I suspect most dealers do that.

--
"The Democratic Party strongly and unequivocally supports Roe v. Wade
and a woman's right to choose a safe and legal abortion,

wrote in message
I have never been to a boat show mostly because I cannot imagine ever
buying a new boat. I was talking to someone and he mentioned paying
to get into a boat show and it didnt occur to me till later that that
was weird. You have to PAY to go look at merchandise? Does that make
any sense? I am the kind of guy who will not wear clothing with a
logo because I think the company ought to pay me to advertise for them
but paying just to look at merchandise seems truly strange. Is this
true? Do you pay to go into boat shows?

The boat shows I've been to technically have a charge to get in, but
virtually every exhibitor and/or boat manufacturer give away "free" tickets.

Eisboch

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
news

..... but I won't buy clothing with a logo, either....

When I was a kid I thought I was deformed. My grandmother worked at a
discount clothing store and all my underwear were marked "Irregular".

Eisboch (no joke)

On Aug 12, 7:41*pm, hk wrote:
JimH wrote:
On Aug 12, 7:33 pm, wrote:
[...]

We received VIP passes from our previous marina for a couple of
years. That stopped when we sold our boat, downsized and moved to
another marina.

The ability to cruise the show prior to the opening to the general
public was nice.........as were the free wine and appetizers.

We have not gone to the shows since then.
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
news

..... but I won't buy clothing with a logo, either....

When I was a kid I thought I was deformed. My grandmother worked at a
discount clothing store and all my underwear were marked "Irregular".

Eisboch (no joke)

My uncle was a manufacturer's rep for a number of New England sporting
goods manufacturers. I got all sorts of "seconds." They look good to me.

Now, one of my buddies was smart enough to date the daughter of the
owner of a well-known manufacturer of men's shirts. He went out with her
all the way through high school, and was much better dressed than the
rest of us.

I know no shirts are made in New Haven anymore. But when I was growing
up, we had lots of clothing factories.

--
"The Democratic Party strongly and unequivocally supports Roe v. Wade
and a woman's right to choose a safe and legal abortion,
regardless of ability to pay, and we oppose any and all efforts
to weaken or undermine that right."

Upcoming boat shows? Brian Goodheim Cruising 0 September 22nd 07 09:56 PM
Boat Shows ,, when and what ones? NE Sailboat Cruising 2 December 22nd 06 05:13 PM
Boat shows JimH General 6 January 10th 06 01:06 PM
Winter Boat Shows RGrew176 General 8 January 9th 05 02:46 AM
Pacific NW Boat Shows Gould 0738 General 1 December 4th 03 02:49 PM