JimH

Default Boat shows

Ours starts next Friday but we will not be going this year. Been there,
done that, got the tee-shirt. Parking and admission is too expensive
unless you are planning to go to negotiate a good deal on a boat.

http://www.clevelandboatshow.com/

Here are schedules to others:

http://www.essexcredit.com/boat_sched.shtml

http://www.loadmastertrailerco.com/shows.htm

http://www.marineryachttrawlers.com/boatshows.htm

Are you planning to attend one, and if so, why?

Reggie Smithers

JimH wrote:
Ours starts next Friday but we will not be going this year. Been there,
done that, got the tee-shirt. Parking and admission is too expensive
unless you are planning to go to negotiate a good deal on a boat.

http://www.clevelandboatshow.com/

Here are schedules to others:

http://www.essexcredit.com/boat_sched.shtml

http://www.loadmastertrailerco.com/shows.htm

http://www.marineryachttrawlers.com/boatshows.htm

Are you planning to attend one, and if so, why?

JimH,
I stopped going to Boat Shows for the same reason I stopped walking the
malls. If I want something, I go to a store or look it up on line to
specially by it. When I go to the show or the mall, suddenly I realize
I "need" all these things I didn't even realize I needed. My storage
isn't big enough for all the things I thought I needed. ; )

--
Reggie
If you would like to make rec.boats an enjoyable place to discuss
Bryan

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT com wrote in message
Ours starts next Friday but we will not be going this year. Been there,
done that, got the tee-shirt. Parking and admission is too expensive
unless you are planning to go to negotiate a good deal on a boat.

http://www.clevelandboatshow.com/

Here are schedules to others:

http://www.essexcredit.com/boat_sched.shtml

http://www.loadmastertrailerco.com/shows.htm

http://www.marineryachttrawlers.com/boatshows.htm

Are you planning to attend one, and if so, why?

You know, Jim, I would like to go to boat shows, but I don't want to pay for
the privilege (sp?) of shopping. Add to that the expense of parking and
travel and travel time and the show just loses it's allure. Maybe if I had
time to kill (once the kids get to college), I might see it as a weekend
getaway component; then it might be enticing again.

JimH wrote:
Ours starts next Friday but we will not be going this year. Been there,
done that, got the tee-shirt. Parking and admission is too expensive
unless you are planning to go to negotiate a good deal on a boat.

http://www.clevelandboatshow.com/

Here are schedules to others:

http://www.essexcredit.com/boat_sched.shtml

http://www.loadmastertrailerco.com/shows.htm

http://www.marineryachttrawlers.com/boatshows.htm

Are you planning to attend one, and if so, why?

Seattle show is on now.

I'm there everyday. Whoopee.

Two days next week I have the "B" shift.

B there when it opens, B there 'til it closes.

Although the hours are long, it's a very rewarding week. We get a
chance to talk with a couple of thousand readers face to face and
listen to them tell us what they would like to see more or less of in
the publication.

This year's boat show issue is about 180 pages. That up from 80-90
pages 5 years ago, so I guess it pays to listen. :-)

Anybody coming to the indoor portion of the Seattle show- stop by and
say hello. One of the feature writers or I will be at the booth passing
out magazines, etc, all day every day.

-rick-

wrote ...

Seattle show is on now.

I'm there everyday. Whoopee.

Two days next week I have the "B" shift.

B there when it opens, B there 'til it closes.

Although the hours are long, it's a very rewarding week. We get a
chance to talk with a couple of thousand readers face to face and
listen to them tell us what they would like to see more or less of in
the publication.

This year's boat show issue is about 180 pages. That up from 80-90
pages 5 years ago, so I guess it pays to listen. :-)

Anybody coming to the indoor portion of the Seattle show- stop by and
say hello. One of the feature writers or I will be at the booth passing
out magazines, etc, all day every day.

How is the attendance looking? I was at the Portland show for a few hours
yesterday because the rivers were out of shape and it was virtually deserted on
the opening Saturday.

-rick-

-rick- wrote:
[...]

The Seattle Show has been really busy. I sent a longer reply yesterday,
and it may still show up here. Google has been going through some sort
of meltdown. :-)

JimH wrote:
Ours starts next Friday but we will not be going this year. Been there,
done that, got the tee-shirt. Parking and admission is too expensive
unless you are planning to go to negotiate a good deal on a boat.

http://www.clevelandboatshow.com/

Here are schedules to others:

http://www.essexcredit.com/boat_sched.shtml

http://www.loadmastertrailerco.com/shows.htm

http://www.marineryachttrawlers.com/boatshows.htm

Are you planning to attend one, and if so, why?

Atlanta is Jan. 11 through 15. I go every year because a friend works
for the company that sets a lot of the shows up across eastern U.S. and
I get a lot of cool stuff. Plus, he knows some biggies in the industry
and I get to meet a lot of cool people! He knows several of the bass
boat manufacturers and has known them since they were small local
companies.