Default kicker motor mount

On Aug 11, 10:26*am, wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 07:20:09 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I made the mistake of buying a cheapo mount for the 9.8 hp kicker on
my Tolman and it failed while driving down the road. *So, I need a new
one. *It has to be the kind that goes up and down to get the kicker's
prop outa the water. *Any reccomendations? *do I spend over $300 for
the really heavy duty one or will the $180 version (says up to 30 hp)
work?

this is the one you want:

http://www.garelick.com/product.php?pnumber=71033

How do you know that "is the one (he) wants?"
It may be the one YOU want, or recommend, but you have no idea what he
"wants".

wrote:

I made the mistake of buying a cheapo mount for the 9.8 hp kicker on
my Tolman and it failed while driving down the road. So, I need a new
one. It has to be the kind that goes up and down to get the kicker's
prop outa the water. Any reccomendations? do I spend over $300 for
the really heavy duty one or will the $180 version (says up to 30 hp)
work?

this is the one you want:

http://www.garelick.com/product.php?pnumber=71033

How do you know that "is the one (he) wants?"
It may be the one YOU want, or recommend, but you have no idea what he
"wants".

Turns out I believe he is correct. Thanks anyway.

wrote:

I made the mistake of buying a cheapo mount for the 9.8 hp kicker on
my Tolman and it failed while driving down the road. *So, I need a new
one. *It has to be the kind that goes up and down to get the kicker's
prop outa the water. *Any reccomendations? *do I spend over $300 for
the really heavy duty one or will the $180 version (says up to 30 hp)
work?

this is the one you want:

http://www.garelick.com/product.php?pnumber=71033

How do you know that "is the one (he) wants?"
It may be the one YOU want, or recommend, but you have no idea what he
"wants".

He gave some unmistakable hints about the mounts he was considering. I
believe I nailed it.