HK HK is offline

Default Plainer than Plain Jane New Parkers

N.L. Eckert wrote:
"Jane Parker"?? Wasn't that the generic name for the A & P bakery
line???????
Hmmm ... very interesting.....

No. Plain Jane Parker was born at the wonderful Parker House Hotel in
Boston, and later went on to form The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea
Company. Later, some bakery rolls were named after her.

--
"The Democratic Party strongly and unequivocally supports Roe v. Wade
and a woman's right to choose a safe and legal abortion,

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:41:01 -0400, Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall,
Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. wrote:

Your history of A&P reminds me of a political spin with no basis in
reality.

Those of you outside the NY/Philly area may not realize A&P is still
alive, if barely.

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:58:38 -0400, Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall,
Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. wrote:

Those of you outside the NY/Philly area may not realize A&P is still
alive, if barely.

They are a perfect example of a company that dominated the market and
then failed to change to meet the consumer's needs. Reminds me of Sears
and KMart.

Well, they keep changing, but they don't seem to meet the customer's
needs. They completely refurbished one store close to me, and within a
year, closed it to build a much bigger store a couple of miles away.
Personally, I preferred the smaller store.

Two Parkers [email protected] General 121 September 18th 07 12:38 AM
And for those with Parkers. Bill McKee General 2 December 31st 05 08:01 PM
Are your Sure Billy Jane? Bobsprit ASA 2 November 18th 03 08:52 PM
Hey Billy Jane! Simple Simon ASA 0 September 24th 03 09:09 PM
Buh Bye Jane! Bobsprit ASA 0 September 23rd 03 07:28 PM