Senior Member

Default Two Parkers

I was fishing on the CT River the other night and saw two 21 footers
just like your boat Harry. One with a big 2 stroke, one a 4. Both
coming in at evening, right after another. They did seem to sit heavy
in the water, moving nicely through the light chop before sunset. They
even had low transoms! Still could give a little "life" to the lines
on the boat, someone should tell Parker that it is ok to look nice
too! Just a couple of inches of um, pride in the bow would look
great, and that square ass, oh well, still look like a good tool for
the sound and beyond, even if it does not photograph well :O

Senior Member

On Sep 11, 9:24 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:
I was fishing on the CT River the other night and saw two 21 footers
just like your boat Harry. One with a big 2 stroke, one a 4. Both
coming in at evening, right after another. They did seem to sit heavy
in the water, moving nicely through the light chop before sunset. They
even had low transoms! Still could give a little "life" to the lines
on the boat, someone should tell Parker that it is ok to look nice
too! Just a couple of inches of um, pride in the bow would look
great, and that square ass, oh well, still look like a good tool for
the sound and beyond, even if it does not photograph well :O

I'm not sure what you mean by giving a "little life" to the lines. The
boats are exactly what they look like...center console fishing boats. I'll
take a couple of photos of the bow for you and maybe you can tell me what
you have in mind, okay? :}

IMO, that's the problem with some of these boats .... no distinguishing
lines. From a distance they pretty much look the same. Instead of
designing in some uniqueness, some manufacturers are content with putting
their name or logo in big letters on the side. (Parker, Robolo, etc.)

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

^^ Yeah,what he said ^^

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
[...]

Ahh, is that it? Well, I can tell a Parker with or without its
decals...they look pretty distinguished to me. I believe the 2100CC I
have has virtually the same hull it had 15 years ago. The "insides" are
a little different. Why change what works?

HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Sep 11, 9:24 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:
[...]

If you were more familiar with the boats, at least the Parkers, you
would pick up on lines and uniqueness.

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
On Sep 11, 9:24 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:
[...]

A Parker is a fine boat, but rather nondescript IMO (particularly the
smaller CCs). If I were king of Parker, I'd modify something to give it a
distinguishing look and drop the big side decal. Just me.

Eisboch

Senior Member

On Sep 11, 9:36 am, HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
[...]

a little different. Why change what works?- Hide quoted text -

Well the oblivious answer it or course, "because he can" !! What would
be the problem with smoothing the lines a little? You don't have to
change the interior fit, or even the wet area of the hull, but a
little "smile" in some of the lines would bring it into the 21st
century
You know I don't mind square boats, my first was a Phil Bolger scow,
talk about square. Anyway, his boats were designed within the
constraints of the materials to be used, as was the case with most
boats over the last hundred years or so. But now with molded and
injected boats, designers can ealily "tweak" without adding much if
anything to the manufacturing, and plenty to the look of the boat. So,
the answer to your question as to why change what works, like the dog
licking... well, you know...

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
On Sep 11, 9:24 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:
[...]

All the CCs look virtually the same, but for size and scale. If you saw
mine next to the 23 footer, other than the length, you would be hard
pressed to see any differences. The 25 footers look the same but are
more massive.

I don't much like the big horsey side decals, either. On any boat.

There's very little flash on Parkers, but you can see where the money
went if you know where to look and what to look for. As an example, the
folding footrest on the front of my livewell is absolutely massive, so
massive it is obvious it simply will not break. The hull is three piece,
not two piece. All the hardware is oversized top of the line stainless,
and on and on and on.

I'm not saying Parkers are the best boats around, but for what they are,
they are damned hard to surpass unless you spend a hell of a lot more
money.

"HK" wrote in message

There's very little flash on Parkers, but you can see where the money went
if you know where to look and what to look for. As an example, the folding
footrest on the front of my livewell is absolutely massive, so massive it
is obvious it simply will not break. The hull is three piece, not two
piece. All the hardware is oversized top of the line stainless, and on and
on and on.

I'm not saying Parkers are the best boats around, but for what they are,
they are damned hard to surpass unless you spend a hell of a lot more
money.

No argument from me .... they are well built, solid boats. They just need a
little facelift to give them a more distinguishing profile, IMO.

Eisboch