Default Two Parkers

"HK" wrote in message

I don't much like the big horsey side decals, either. On any boat.

I had an 18' Robolo CC for a couple of years. The first modification I did
was to tediously remove the huge "Robolo" decals from the sides.
Unfortunately, a faint ghost image of the name decal remained, despite my
many attempts to buff it out.

Eisboch

Senior Member

On Sep 11, 10:22 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

There's very little flash on Parkers, but you can see where the money went
if you know where to look and what to look for. As an example, the folding
footrest on the front of my livewell is absolutely massive, so massive it
is obvious it simply will not break. The hull is three piece, not two
piece. All the hardware is oversized top of the line stainless, and on and
on and on.

I'm not saying Parkers are the best boats around, but for what they are,
they are damned hard to surpass unless you spend a hell of a lot more
money.

No argument from me .... they are well built, solid boats. They just need a
little facelift to give them a more distinguishing profile, IMO.

Eisboch

Maybe there is a market for retrofits

http://www.retro-designs.com/rr/rd_grill.jpg

Remember these?

ups.com...
"HK" wrote in message

[...]

Despite the fleeting urge, I don't feel like playing with PhotoShop this
morning.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

I don't much like the big horsey side decals, either. On any boat.

I had an 18' Robolo CC for a couple of years. The first modification I did
was to tediously remove the huge "Robolo" decals from the sides.
Unfortunately, a faint ghost image of the name decal remained, despite my
many attempts to buff it out.

Eisboch

A shark's jaw decal on the bow?

http://tinyurl.com/3ypyxx

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:22:06 -0400, HK wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

I don't much like the big horsey side decals, either. On any boat.

I had an 18' Robolo CC for a couple of years. The first modification I did
was to tediously remove the huge "Robolo" decals from the sides.
Unfortunately, a faint ghost image of the name decal remained, despite my
many attempts to buff it out.

Eisboch

A shark's jaw decal on the bow?

http://tinyurl.com/3ypyxx

Though I couldn't care less about the vanity part that might drive an
individual to want something distinctive/stand-out in the appearance
of his boat, it's an interesting subject.
I always liked Buick portholes, Olds hood stripes, Bimmer and Jag
grillwork, etc, but ended up buying Chevys, because I personally
see them as best "value" for my car purposes. Not suggesting that car
purpose and boat purpose always translate well, but they might for me.
One might consider the Carolna Skiff the Chevy of shallow draft
basic transportation boats, and the Mac 26 as Chevy of shallow draft
quasi-sailboats with some basic weekender accommodations.
One of my kids has a '93 Corsica that is hard to recognize as such,
with the ground effects, spoiler, pin down hood, scoop, various
striping. And that's not even considering the Getrang 5-speed he
put in to replace the auto.
To me it's still a '93 Corsica, which has its own value.
But he does all the work himself, nicely, and has a right to be proud
of it.
Anyway, outside of after-purchase tricking out - I was thinking some
stainless rails on the bow - what could Parker have done to make your
boat stand out from the others, without compromising the boat's
intended purpose? Since I'm not around water, I don't know or fully
understand the hull shape side of it in terms of what compromises
would have to be made to make a 21' V distinctive at - say 200 yards
distance..

--Vic
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

[...]

There are other rails available for the bow...high rails. I don't like
them. I like the low rails.

As a point of fact, the boat's plainness appeals to me. There isn't a
cent wasted on "flash" or "bling." I prefer the heavy duty hardware,
the three piece hull, the weight of the boat, the huge bimini, et
cetera. I'll leave the stripes to the Grand Banks crowd.

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:06:17 -0400, HK wrote:

I'll leave the stripes to the Grand Banks crowd.

Stripes?

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AaOGTlo0Zt2LlI
Senior Member

On Sep 11, 12:22 pm, HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

I don't much like the big horsey side decals, either. On any boat.

I had an 18' Robolo CC for a couple of years. The first modification I did
was to tediously remove the huge "Robolo" decals from the sides.
Unfortunately, a faint ghost image of the name decal remained, despite my
many attempts to buff it out.

Eisboch

A shark's jaw decal on the bow?

http://tinyurl.com/3ypyxx- Hide quoted text -

See, that's a nice shot. I never suggested changing any part of the
wet side of the hull, just a little curve to the shear, and tail,
that's all..Wouldn't take much, certainly could be done without
changing the fit and function at all. Anyway, don't get me wrong, one
of the things I noticed about those Parkers was how nice they seemed
to be moving in the water and how perfect of a single handed, or two
handed fishing boat it is. The four was real quiet too. They came in
not 100 yards from each other and headed for the same marina, do not
know if they were fishing together or not.

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:36:13 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:06:17 -0400, HK wrote:

I'll leave the stripes to the Grand Banks crowd.

Stripes?

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AaOGTlo0Zt2LlI

Nice. I noted chairs and TV that didn't appear to be secured.
How do you handle that in the rough?

--Vic