HK HK is offline

Default Plainer than Plain Jane New Parkers

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...rcial-93402191

There's a similar looking 21-footer available, too. Mod vee hulls.
Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 6, 5:56*pm, hk wrote:
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...SE-Commercial-...

There's a similar looking 21-footer available, too. Mod vee hulls.

i take it that Parker sells this bare-bones model so you can outfit it
the way YOU want it with your own stuff ant your own esxpense?
HK HK is offline

Tim wrote:
On Aug 6, 5:56 pm, hk wrote:
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...SE-Commercial-...

There's a similar looking 21-footer available, too. Mod vee hulls.

i take it that Parker sells this bare-bones model so you can outfit it
the way YOU want it with your own stuff ant your own esxpense?

Yup. What you see is what you get, unless you order more from the
factory. I'd guess around here some of the smaller commerical crabpot
fishermen will like them because of the on-deck storage and the ability
to build a mount for the pot hauler wherever they want it to be.

On Aug 6, 7:44 pm, hk wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Aug 6, 5:56 pm, hk wrote:
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...SE-Commercial-...

There's a similar looking 21-footer available, too. Mod vee hulls.

i take it that Parker sells this bare-bones model so you can outfit it
the way YOU want it with your own stuff ant your own esxpense?

Yup. What you see is what you get, unless you order more from the
factory. I'd guess around here some of the smaller commerical crabpot
fishermen will like them because of the on-deck storage and the ability
to build a mount for the pot hauler wherever they want it to be.

I know y'all have beaten this subject to death ad infinitum, and I
ignored you cuz it was mostly ad hominum attacks. But, why doesnt
Parker use a dry well on their boats? I'd think such a well known
manufacturer would do so.

On Aug 6, 11:34 pm, wrote:
On Aug 6, 7:44 pm, hk wrote:

Tim wrote:
On Aug 6, 5:56 pm, hk wrote:
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...SE-Commercial-...

There's a similar looking 21-footer available, too. Mod vee hulls.

i take it that Parker sells this bare-bones model so you can outfit it
the way YOU want it with your own stuff ant your own esxpense?

Yup. What you see is what you get, unless you order more from the
factory. I'd guess around here some of the smaller commerical crabpot
fishermen will like them because of the on-deck storage and the ability
to build a mount for the pot hauler wherever they want it to be.

I know y'all have beaten this subject to death ad infinitum, and I
ignored you cuz it was mostly ad hominum attacks. But, why doesnt
Parker use a dry well on their boats? I'd think such a well known
manufacturer would do so.

OK, I am wrong, I just looked a a lot of Parker pics and very few had
cut-away transoms. Still, some did, weird.

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 20:40:55 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

OK, I am wrong, I just looked a a lot of Parker pics and very few had
cut-away transoms. Still, some did, weird.

Trust me, we know.

Some say it's to let the water out...

;-))

HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Aug 6, 7:44 pm, hk wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Aug 6, 5:56 pm, hk wrote:
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...SE-Commercial-...
There's a similar looking 21-footer available, too. Mod vee hulls.
i take it that Parker sells this bare-bones model so you can outfit it
the way YOU want it with your own stuff ant your own esxpense?

Yup. What you see is what you get, unless you order more from the
factory. I'd guess around here some of the smaller commerical crabpot
fishermen will like them because of the on-deck storage and the ability
to build a mount for the pot hauler wherever they want it to be.

I know y'all have beaten this subject to death ad infinitum, and I
ignored you cuz it was mostly ad hominum attacks. But, why doesnt
Parker use a dry well on their boats? I'd think such a well known
manufacturer would do so.

What for? To catch the gallon and a half of water such "dry wells" would
hold? What happens if a lot more water than that comes over the transom?
Where does it go? Into the boat?

Remember, those are 25" transoms you are seeing, and that's just in the
notched area. The sides of the transom are a foot higher. If you were
really nervous about it, you could order the boat with a 30" transom at
the notch, but you d have to have a 30" lower unit outboard, too.

In the more than 55 years I have been boating in salt water in all sorts
of boats, including some with 15" transoms, I have never taken water
over the transom in a large enough volume to endanger the boat. But I
have taken big waves over the bow and sometimes over the sides. What I
want in those circumstances is a way to get the water out of the boat. A
more built up transom in a small open boat won't let you do that...

Jim Jim is offline

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
On Aug 6, 7:44 pm, hk wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Aug 6, 5:56 pm, hk wrote:
[...]

Lets hope you survive year 56 without being swamped. I hope your boat has
level floatation.

It's hard to do this in tiny boats like Harry's but It would be a lot safer
if the decks were sufficiently above the waterline to allow water to run out
through large scuppers or over low transoms. The key is to have enough
buoyancy to avoid being swamped. I have seen some deck boat designs that are
basically like surfboards and the sides and transom are bolted on like on
pontoon boats. If I was going to buy a little boat like Harry's, I think I
might seriously consider this type of boat.

hk wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 6, 7:44 pm, hk wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Aug 6, 5:56 pm, hk wrote:
[...]

Harry,
Since most of Parker's boat do not have the open hole in the transom,
does that make them unsafe?

"Jane Parker"?? Wasn't that the generic name for the A & P bakery
line???????
Hmmm ... very interesting.....

Two Parkers [email protected] General 121 September 18th 07 12:38 AM
And for those with Parkers. Bill McKee General 2 December 31st 05 08:01 PM
Are your Sure Billy Jane? Bobsprit ASA 2 November 18th 03 08:52 PM
Hey Billy Jane! Simple Simon ASA 0 September 24th 03 09:09 PM
Buh Bye Jane! Bobsprit ASA 0 September 23rd 03 07:28 PM