DK DK is offline

Default Can I pull this boat?

SSmokin wrote:
I have a 2002 Ford F-150. 5.4, 4x4 Extended Cab. I’m looking at a
29’ Cheetah offshore (CX-29). I know that the truck can pull the boat
from point A to point B, but what about "out of the water, on a steep
ramp"? Any thoughts?

If A to B is around the lot you may not trash your tranny. On the road,
forget it. Steep ramp? No way in hell.
Senior Member

On Jul 29, 7:50*pm, DK wrote:
SSmokin wrote:
I have a 2002 Ford F-150. *5.4, 4x4 Extended Cab. *I’m looking at a
29’ Cheetah offshore (CX-29). *I know that the truck can pull the boat
from point A to point B, but what about "out of the water, on a steep
ramp"? *Any thoughts? *

If A to B is around the lot you may not trash your tranny. *On the road,
forget it. *Steep ramp? *No way in hell.

Personally, I think we have a poster here testing his own security.
Making sure he can't be tracked, with this phony post I don't think
anyone is actually considering this for real.. Just a test..

"Eisboch" wrote in
:

wrote in message

Do what you will, but you need a bigger truck.

I have to disagree, I think that truck is more than enough.

A 29' boat with a F-150?

Are you serious?

Eisboch

F-150 is a HALF TON pickup.....as in 1000 pounds!

Duhh.....(c;

5 mpg for 900 miles? Yecch! It's almost cheaper to scuttle the damned
boat when you're done with it and buy a new one when you get to the next
place you're going to fish! At $4/gallon that's $720 just to get it home!

"Hey, kid! Here's the keys and title to that nice CC over there. It's
yours. We can't afford to tow it home. Take us fishing when we come back
next year, ok?"

HK HK is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:22:27 -0500, SSmokin wrote:

I have a 2002 Ford F-150. 5.4, 4x4 Extended Cab. I’m looking at a
29’ Cheetah offshore (CX-29). I know that the truck can pull the boat
from point A to point B, but what about "out of the water, on a steep
ramp"? Any thoughts?

In my opinion, no.

I have a 2005 version of that same truck and it will barely tow my
Ranger 20' 200 C center console - boat, engine, trailer weigh in at
just over 5,000 lbs. I get 5 mpg on average over 900 miles of towing
just last week and the average speed was 50 mph.

Do what you will, but you need a bigger truck.

Hmmm. Apples and oranges, but when I pull Yo Ho, I get about 12 mpg
with my V8 SUV. I think we are pulling about the same weight, too.

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:11:16 +0000, Larry wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in
m:

wrote in message

Do what you will, but you need a bigger truck.

I have to disagree, I think that truck is more than enough.

A 29' boat with a F-150?

Are you serious?

Eisboch

F-150 is a HALF TON pickup.....as in 1000 pounds!

Duhh.....(c;

5 mpg for 900 miles? Yecch! It's almost cheaper to scuttle the damned
boat when you're done with it and buy a new one when you get to the next
place you're going to fish! At $4/gallon that's $720 just to get it home!

"Hey, kid! Here's the keys and title to that nice CC over there. It's
yours. We can't afford to tow it home. Take us fishing when we come back
next year, ok?"

Shut the hell up moron.

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 20:24:25 -0400, HK wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:22:27 -0500, SSmokin wrote:

I have a 2002 Ford F-150. 5.4, 4x4 Extended Cab. I’m looking at a
29’ Cheetah offshore (CX-29). I know that the truck can pull the boat
from point A to point B, but what about "out of the water, on a steep
ramp"? Any thoughts?

In my opinion, no.

I have a 2005 version of that same truck and it will barely tow my
Ranger 20' 200 C center console - boat, engine, trailer weigh in at
just over 5,000 lbs. I get 5 mpg on average over 900 miles of towing
just last week and the average speed was 50 mph.

Do what you will, but you need a bigger truck.

Hmmm. Apples and oranges, but when I pull Yo Ho, I get about 12 mpg
with my V8 SUV. I think we are pulling about the same weight, too.

Of course it does.

You are the master.

On Jul 29, 7:16*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

Do what you will, but you need a bigger truck.

I have to disagree, I think that truck is more than enough.

A 29' boat with a F-150?

Are you serious?

Eisboch

Yes. Remember that I " wash the trucks as they come of the
truck" ...remember?
(snarky remark you made discussing
Vipers, and the T-10 Engine)
My Astro Van can pull my 20' tank of a boat, on a twin axle trailer.
It also launches, and recovers it as well.
Are the F-150s you get in the states de-tuned or something? Put your
foot in it.

On Jul 29, 7:50*pm, DK wrote:
SSmokin wrote:
I have a 2002 Ford F-150. *5.4, 4x4 Extended Cab. *I’m looking at a
29’ Cheetah offshore (CX-29). *I know that the truck can pull the boat
from point A to point B, but what about "out of the water, on a steep
ramp"? *Any thoughts? *

If A to B is around the lot you may not trash your tranny. *On the road,
forget it. *Steep ramp? *No way in hell.

Thats wacked. Again, I pulled my 20' Tank all the way up to Owen Sound
last year with two other guys, all gear, food, beer, etc,etc. and it
only cost me $35 one way.
Its got a V6 in it! What the hells wrong with your Fords " down
there?"
Sounds to me you're either chicken **** to use the truck,
or........its " clapped-out ". I can picture the flapping fenders, and
box full of old barbeques, rotten boat fenders, motor bike parts,
maybe an old stove, as well.
How god dam far would you pull a 29' boat, anyway? I only have to go
12 miles to the ramp.
Would the tower even consider changing tranny fluid more than once
every 5 years?

[...]

If you are only trailering a boat a few miles to the ramp a few times a
year, it is hard to tell what you mpg is.

1959 40' CC Skiff... Designing a ramp/lift to pull boat up bank. Paul Wiggins Boat Building 5 August 9th 07 10:44 PM
Boat pull vehicle Tim General 10 March 14th 07 12:07 AM
Pull out Now! Jeff Rigby General 4 October 19th 06 12:49 AM
if the upper envelopes can cook undoubtably, the poor boat may pull more signs Diane ASA 0 April 22nd 05 11:22 AM
just hating to a boat for the square is too cheap for Yani to pull it Heavy Putrid Jerkoff ASA 0 April 8th 05 12:21 PM