Default Can I pull this boat?

I have a 2002 Ford F-150. 5.4, 4x4 Extended Cab. I’m looking at a
29’ Cheetah offshore (CX-29). I know that the truck can pull the boat
from point A to point B, but what about "out of the water, on a steep
ramp"? Any thoughts?

--
Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.BoatingForumz.com interface
Thread archive: http://www.BoatingForumz.com/pull-bo...pict99767.html

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:22:27 -0500, SSmokin wrote:

I have a 2002 Ford F-150. 5.4, 4x4 Extended Cab. I’m looking at a
29’ Cheetah offshore (CX-29). I know that the truck can pull the boat
from point A to point B, but what about "out of the water, on a steep
ramp"? Any thoughts?

How much can the truck tow? Should be in the operator's manual. How much
does the boat weigh with trailer and stuff? Should be in the manual.

Compare the numbers.

Do you expect that someone here will know all that?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:22:27 -0500, SSmokin wrote:

I have a 2002 Ford F-150. 5.4, 4x4 Extended Cab. I’m looking at a
29’ Cheetah offshore (CX-29). I know that the truck can pull the boat
from point A to point B, but what about "out of the water, on a steep
ramp"? Any thoughts?

In my opinion, no.

I have a 2005 version of that same truck and it will barely tow my
Ranger 20' 200 C center console - boat, engine, trailer weigh in at
just over 5,000 lbs. I get 5 mpg on average over 900 miles of towing
just last week and the average speed was 50 mph.

Do what you will, but you need a bigger truck.
Senior Member

On Jul 29, 5:22*pm, SSmokin wrote:
I have a 2002 Ford F-150. *5.4, 4x4 Extended Cab. *I’m looking at a
29’ Cheetah offshore (CX-29). *I know that the truck can pull the boat
from point A to point B, but what about "out of the water, on a steep
ramp"? *Any thoughts? *

--
Posted at author's request, using moderatedhttp://www.BoatingForumz.cominterface
Thread archive:http://www.BoatingForumz.com/pull-bo...pict99767.html

Might could pull it, but it would never stop it..and that is really
more important..

Do what you will, but you need a bigger truck.

I have to disagree, I think that truck is more than enough.

Mine could pull it, but it would never stop it..and that is really
more important..

Gawd...anyone pulling that big a boat WITHOUT brakes, is foolish. I
think the trailer will already have brakes on it, so stopping it
would'nt be a problem (except in a " panic " stop)

wrote in message

Do what you will, but you need a bigger truck.

I have to disagree, I think that truck is more than enough.

A 29' boat with a F-150?

Are you serious?

Eisboch

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:43:45 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Do what you will, but you need a bigger truck.

I have to disagree, I think that truck is more than enough.

It's not.

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:22:27 -0500, SSmokin penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

I have a 2002 Ford F-150. 5.4, 4x4 Extended Cab. I'm looking at a
29' Cheetah offshore (CX-29). I know that the truck can pull the boat
from point A to point B, but what about "out of the water, on a steep
ramp"? Any thoughts?

Other excellent answers notwithstanding, to answer your specific
question, you will have NO trouble pulling the boat out in 4WD Lo
Range......

I am more concerned with "Point A to Point B".

The F-150 is a light weight, light duty truck.

Eisboch

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:16:07 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

wrote in message

Do what you will, but you need a bigger truck.

I have to disagree, I think that truck is more than enough.

A 29' boat with a F-150?

Are you serious?

He can't be.

1959 40' CC Skiff... Designing a ramp/lift to pull boat up bank. Paul Wiggins Boat Building 5 August 9th 07 10:44 PM
Boat pull vehicle Tim General 10 March 14th 07 12:07 AM
Pull out Now! Jeff Rigby General 4 October 19th 06 12:49 AM
if the upper envelopes can cook undoubtably, the poor boat may pull more signs Diane ASA 0 April 22nd 05 11:22 AM
just hating to a boat for the square is too cheap for Yani to pull it Heavy Putrid Jerkoff ASA 0 April 8th 05 12:21 PM