Default Overtons versus West Marine

Yesterday I decided the 90' of 3/8" anchor line that came with the boat was
too small for comfort and not long enough for the Chesapeake. So I got
online to see what was available. Overton's had what I wanted for $89.99,
plus shipping and waiting. http://tinyurl.com/5a4stm

West Marine wanted $139.99 for the same stuff, in the store. I asked if
they'd match prices. Yes. I asked if I could bring in an internet ad. Yes.
So, I got the line locally at the West Marine for the Overtons price. A
great deal because Overtons would have charged me another $13 for shipping.

I throw this out there for whatever it's worth.
HK HK is offline

John H. wrote:
Yesterday I decided the 90' of 3/8" anchor line that came with the boat was
too small for comfort and not long enough for the Chesapeake. So I got
online to see what was available. Overton's had what I wanted for $89.99,
plus shipping and waiting. http://tinyurl.com/5a4stm

West Marine wanted $139.99 for the same stuff, in the store. I asked if
they'd match prices. Yes. I asked if I could bring in an internet ad. Yes.
So, I got the line locally at the West Marine for the Overtons price. A
great deal because Overtons would have charged me another $13 for shipping.

I throw this out there for whatever it's worth.

You got some deal on that boat. You got 90' of 3/8" anchor line with it?
Ninety feet? I wonder how your dealer or manufacturer decided upon 90'?
Did the line come with the one pound grappling hook?

You got some deal on that boat. You got 90' of 3/8" anchor line with it?
Ninety feet? I wonder how your dealer or manufacturer decided upon 90'?
Did the line come with the one pound grappling hook?

Probably a previous owner fouled the line on the prop and that's all that was
left....

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 05:35:59 -0700, Josh Assing wrote:

You got some deal on that boat. You got 90' of 3/8" anchor line with it?
Ninety feet? I wonder how your dealer or manufacturer decided upon 90'?
Did the line come with the one pound grappling hook?

Probably a previous owner fouled the line on the prop and that's all that was
left....

Check your email.

help with west marine zodiac black-n-gold General 2 May 10th 08 08:13 PM
Where will we go after West Marine goes under? Larry Cruising 28 April 2nd 08 07:25 PM
West Marine Eisboch General 59 May 26th 07 05:40 PM
Birch Multi-layerr plywood versus Marine Plywood Edward Stammer Boat Building 13 September 22nd 06 10:53 PM
Damn you West Marine JimH General 1 March 15th 06 02:54 AM