Default Fuel Update

On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 03:45:30 GMT, "Rudy"
wrote:

What is the prescribed fuel for a 2005 Merc Tracker 60 HP Two stroke ? It
adds its own oil to the mix but will Regular unleaded (87 octane) work ?
I saw a local gas station advertising "Boat Gas" but don't know what they
re
selling.
BTW: I don't have the boat/motor here yet, its coming up from Florida next
month so I can't RTFM
BTW2: Reg Unl here is sold in liters (think Quarts) @ $ 140.9 That's
working out to $ 5.32 gallon and a NEW tax kicks in that should push
it up to $ 5.40..SWMBO says its up to 145.9 today, thats $ 5.51 US gallon
OUCH !

When I had my Bayliner 2350 back in the 80's, "Marine gas" was Regular
LEADED gas and was about 15
cents/Gal cheaper (72 cents) than "road" gas because there were no
"Highway"
taxes on it.Do they still sell "marked gas" (No/Low tax) for farm/off road
purposes ? Is it UNLEADED ?
Will that work in a two stroke (if I could find any)?

Where the heck are you?

Uranus? Some place off planet for leaded gas, or at least a 3rd world
country.

When I had my Bayliner 2350 back in the 80's, "Marine gas" was Regular
LEADED gas and was about 15 cents/Gal cheaper (72 cents) than "road" gas
because there were no "Highway" taxes on it.

Where the heck are you?

"Calif Bill" wrote

Uranus? Some place off planet for leaded gas, or at least a 3rd world
country.

R_E_A_D the MESSAGE S-L-O-W-L-Y, the LEADED reference was dated "In the
80's"
...anyway, I see that there isn't any real INFORMATION coming out of
KELI-Fornia, just "wise ass comments"

On Jul 5, 7:28*pm, "Rudy" wrote:
When I had my Bayliner 2350 back in the 80's, "Marine gas" *was Regular
LEADED gas and was about 15 cents/Gal cheaper (72 cents) than "road" gas
because there were no "Highway" taxes on it.
Where the heck are you?

"Calif Bill" wrote

Uranus? *Some place off planet for leaded gas, or at least a 3rd world
country.

R_E_A_D the MESSAGE *S-L-O-W-L-Y, the LEADED reference was dated "In the
80's"
..anyway, I see that there isn't any real INFORMATION coming out of
KELI-Fornia, just "wise ass comments"

This NG is not about boats but is totally about RV's, motorcycles,
child endangerment, cell phones, fireworks and most especially about
whining about a real boating board.

Let me know if you need a link to that boating board. ;-)

What is the prescribed fuel for a 2005 Merc Tracker 60 HP Two stroke ? It
adds its own oil to the mix but will Regular unleaded (87 octane) work ?

wrote
Anything made in the US since 1971 or so will run on unleaded, You
Tracker should do fine on regular unleaded.

Thanks, GF, sounds like a plan to me. The '08 O/B s they've put on the
SunTrackers are all 4 Strokes U/L now

BTW2: Reg Unl here is sold in liters (think Quarts) @ $ 140.9 That's
working out to $ 5.32 gallon and a NEW tax kicks in that should push
it up to $ 5.40..SWMBO says its up to 145.9 today, thats $ 5.51 US gallon
OUCH !

I went to the local marina today, they re flogging 89 Octane U/L at $ 1.76
liter which is $ 6.69 US Gal !!
92 Octane is 1.79 or $ 6.77 Gal. Its being trailered so I think I'll get it
filled at the local gas station where its "Only" $ 5.51

I guess I should call around locally (Farm Co-Op)and see about "Marked
Gas"..

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 15:20:55 -0700, "Calif Bill"

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Brown 25? (Obscure cultural reference)

Some place off planet for leaded gas, or at least a 3rd world
country.

Obviously.

Speaking of ethanol, did you see that news report on the subsidies the
agricultural sector is getting for ethanol production?

It's unreal.

We're being held hostage to the farmers.

JimH wrote:
On Jul 5, 7:28 pm, "Rudy" wrote:
When I had my Bayliner 2350 back in the 80's, "Marine gas" was Regular
LEADED gas and was about 15 cents/Gal cheaper (72 cents) than "road" gas
because there were no "Highway" taxes on it.
Where the heck are you?

"Calif Bill" wrote

Uranus? Some place off planet for leaded gas, or at least a 3rd world
country.

R_E_A_D the MESSAGE S-L-O-W-L-Y, the LEADED reference was dated "In the
80's"
..anyway, I see that there isn't any real INFORMATION coming out of
KELI-Fornia, just "wise ass comments"

This NG is not about boats but is totally about RV's, motorcycles,
child endangerment, cell phones, fireworks and most especially about
whining about a real boating board.

Let me know if you need a link to that boating board. ;-)

Why don't you go to the real boating board? Because you NEVER go boating.

On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 23:21:23 GMT, "Rudy"
wrote:

"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote

Where the heck are you?

What is the prescribed fuel for a 2005 Merc Tracker 60 HP Two stroke ? It
adds its own oil to the mix but will Regular unleaded (87 octane) work ?
I saw a local gas station advertising "Boat Gas" but don't know what they
are selling.

Where the heck are you?

Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada

Ah - makes sense now.

To answer your first question, yes - regular unleaded will work fine
on a two stroke. I believe, not absoutely sure about this as I'm not a
Mercury guy, that it's an EFI engine which is right before they
switched the lower horsepowers over to four stroke.

I can't answer your question about "boat gas" other than to guess that
the marine trades in your area may have reduced the taxes for marine
use. It should be exactly the same as auto gas.

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 15:20:55 -0700, "Calif Bill"

. ..

?
[...]

Did not see the report, but is one of the reason ADM has always beenone of
the biggest political money suppliers.

DK DK is offline

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
JimH wrote:
On Jul 5, 7:28 pm, "Rudy" wrote:
[...]

Ignore that POS. Like a five year old, he is only here for attention
and will go away if no one will play with the child.

capacity plate Mike General 3 June 7th 06 11:55 PM
never promise a plate [email protected] ASA 0 April 22nd 05 11:28 AM
don't try to comb a plate Nydia ASA 0 April 22nd 05 10:06 AM
my deep plate won't sow before I promise it Confused Dumb Boy ASA 0 April 8th 05 01:40 PM
OT. Retina plate JAXAshby ASA 3 October 21st 04 01:07 AM