Default Trailering a pontoon boat

On Fri, 09 May 2008 10:35:10 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is
Here wrote:

Jim wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a
big one?

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at a
specific location. You have only so much time to get to your fishing
location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

And, at least at the one tournament I watched, the fish must be alive at
the weigh in and able to swim away.

I don't know if that's the common practice, but I thought it was a nice
touch.
--
John *H*

On Fri, 09 May 2008 12:18:09 -0400, DownTime

Interesting. Thanks, you've given me two perspectives......
I have a decent bass boat, but I would really like to have something
that can also be used as a party boat, too. Besides, sure would be
comfortable when striper fishing!!

For striper fishing, you might need one of these.

http://www.lilmynx.com/lilmynxwakepole.php

Methinks you're getting stripper and striper mixed up, or maybe I am.
--
John *H*

Jim wrote:

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in
message . ..
Jim wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands
a big one?

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at a
specific location. You have only so much time to get to your fishing
location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

Fishing is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not stressful.

Obviously you have never watched Tournament Fishing.

Jim Jim is offline

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message
. ..

Jim wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a
big one?

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at a
specific location. You have only so much time to get to your fishing
location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

Fishing is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not stressful.

Obviously you have never watched Tournament Fishing.
Is that anything like watching grass grow? ;-

John H. wrote:
On Fri, 09 May 2008 12:18:09 -0400, DownTime

Interesting. Thanks, you've given me two perspectives......
I have a decent bass boat, but I would really like to have something
that can also be used as a party boat, too. Besides, sure would be
comfortable when striper fishing!!

For striper fishing, you might need one of these.

http://www.lilmynx.com/lilmynxwakepole.php

Methinks you're getting stripper and striper mixed up, or maybe I am.

It's always been confusing to me.

Jim wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer
serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there
lands a big one?

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at
a specific location. You have only so much time to get to your
fishing location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

Fishing is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not stressful.

Obviously you have never watched Tournament Fishing.
Is that anything like watching grass grow? ;-

Very similar but grass is more exciting.

On May 10, 2:12*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 09 May 2008 16:14:13 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
"Reggie is Here wrote:

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at a
specific location. *You have only so much time to get to your fishing
location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

Fishing is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not stressful.

Obviously you have never watched Tournament Fishing. *

Since the outboard companies are big sponsors of fishing tournaments
it is not surprising that they juggle the rules to favor the fastest
boats. Then your average Joe gets the idea that he needs 250HP to fish
his 1000 acre lake

yep... it's all about the sponsors...

"Jim" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a big
one?

One of the lakes I most like fishing on is 38 miles long. If your cabin is
in the middle, that's 19 miles each way. Some of the best places to fish
are only 15' across 10 miles up, others 12 miles down the lake. I would
hate to use a pontoon boat on that lake.

HK HK is offline

Canuck57 wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?
They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a big
one?

One of the lakes I most like fishing on is 38 miles long. If your cabin is
in the middle, that's 19 miles each way. Some of the best places to fish
are only 15' across 10 miles up, others 12 miles down the lake. I would
hate to use a pontoon boat on that lake.

Before I bought my first small boat in Jacksonville, Florida, I rented a
pontoon boat for a day of fishing on the St. Johns River. The boat was
fine for a couple of slackwater spots and in fact I enjoyed the
"platform" very much as I could cast lines almost anywhere I wanted and
then plunk down a boat chair for the retrieval or just to watch the bobber.

But the boat was lousy in the wind and even worse when a bit of a chop
built up. Very, very wet.

On Chesapeake Bay, where I mostly boat now, pontoon and tri-toon boats
are rare. I did see one last season about 10 miles up the Patuxent
River, and that's probably a good place for them...the river is wide
there, not that fast flowing, and usually relatively calm.

On May 10, 5:15*pm, HK wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
wrote in message
. ..
[...]

there, not that fast flowing, and usually relatively calm.- Hide quoted text -

Theres a chick that has a big one on the CT River, likes to hang
around Brockway Island camping. She however keeps a real weather eye.
If it seems it may get rough, she heads home with it and she has been
driving that boat for a lot of years..

Trailering my boat Eisboch General 13 August 3rd 07 03:03 AM
Trailering a wide boat [email protected] Cruising 8 May 17th 05 11:29 PM
best route for trailering boat from NC to NS ? Don White Cruising 5 November 20th 04 07:38 PM
Boat Trailering 101-- Some people just should not be allowed to own a boat! Ray General 8 March 23rd 04 12:26 AM