[email protected] FloydOfPink@gmail.com is offline

Default Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 10, 5:15*pm, HK wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?
They also need to go 60 MPH!
Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a big
one?

One of the lakes I most like fishing on is 38 miles long. *If your cabin is
in the middle, that's 19 miles each way. *Some of the best places to fish
are only 15' across 10 miles up, others 12 miles down the lake. *I would
hate to use a pontoon boat on that lake.

Before I bought my first small boat in Jacksonville, Florida, I rented a
pontoon boat for a day of fishing on the St. Johns River. The boat was
fine for a couple of slackwater spots and in fact I enjoyed the
"platform" very much as I could cast lines almost anywhere I wanted and
then plunk down a boat chair for the retrieval or just to watch the bobber..

But the boat was lousy in the wind and even worse when a bit of a chop
built up. Very, very wet.

On Chesapeake Bay, where I mostly boat now, pontoon and tri-toon boats
are rare. I did see one last season about 10 miles up the Patuxent
River, and that's probably a good place for them...the river is wide
there, not that fast flowing, and usually relatively calm.- Hide quoted text -

Theres a chick that has a big one on the CT River, likes to hang
around Brockway Island camping. She however keeps a real weather eye.
If it seems it may get rough, she heads home with it and she has been
driving that boat for a lot of years..