Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to sci.military.naval,rec.boats

Default Chinese boat crap

Went to buy some stainless 1/4-20 wingnuts from Home Depot for my
boat (Tolman Skiff). All thjey had were some really crappy looking
ones. Sure enough, made in China. I threw them back on the shelf
figuring they were probably pot metal. Cannot trust Chinese made
stuff. Went to Ace and bought some US made ones. They cost a lot
more but I know they are real SS.
Th cheapo Chinese stuff really costs a LOT more than the US made stuff
if you figure you will likely need to replace the Chinese stuff.
Besides, when I am offshore, I want to be sure my boat will stay
together. My life is worth paying a little more.

SW Tom's Chinese Mud HK General 1 November 28th 07 12:05 AM
Chinese Junk Sails and can you identify this boat? Gil G. Boat Building 2 October 14th 05 04:23 PM
The Chinese circus John Cairns ASA 0 September 26th 04 07:01 AM
Chinese Junk njiuy General 2 August 1st 03 05:41 AM