Default I Am Rich

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message
. ..

Eisboch wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
On Mar 10, 10:21 pm, wrote:
On Mar 10, 4:53 pm, Tim wrote:

I'm wondering when John Hall (CEO of RIC Int'l) will come down on them
like a hammer. He might not get the job done seeing their solde direct
from China. I kinow that JC Penney tried to amrket them about 4 years
ago, and Hall's legal team put the ka-bash (or, K-Bong!) to them in
short order.

Rickenbacker is very protective of their trademark[s] and people that
try to infringe upon them.

that's one reason that if you see a "Ricken-faker" on Ebay, the
auctions usually get pulled down pretty quickly.

Fender is marketing a "Jay Turner" model "Strat" in the US. I looked at
them yesterday at the local music shop I frequent.
Guitar and little Peavey practice amp is $199 dollars. The guitar is
made in China. Paylessguitars.com lists a similar Fender for $170.

My Gibson Les Paul has a MSRP of about $3793 on the Gibson website.
$210 on paylessguitars.com.

Eisboch

Eisboch,
I purchased one of the inexpensive Gibson Les Pauls for my son's first
guitar, it was about $200-$250. It would not stay in tune, and he would
break one or two strings every time he used it. The metal they use on the
base of the strings is so cheap it could not stand the pressure of the
strings and would get tiny burrs that would cut the strings. I got him an
American made Fat Strat and the guitar would stay in tune longer and no
more crazy string breaking.

Their is a world of difference between the American made and Mexican and
Chinese made versions.

No question. I didn't realize the scope and controversy regarding the
"branded" guitars and the copy-cat imitations
available until I was talking to the owner of the Music store.

My Gibson is the real deal and it's an absolutely beautiful instrument. I
am getting better, but I love hearing it played by someone with real talent.
Kinda heavy, but that's a Les Paul thing.

I also just bought another, less expensive, but authentic, American made
Gibson. It's called the "Melody Maker" and has a nice, "old school" sound.

Eisboch

wrote in message

I agree, a real Les Paul is a thing of beauty, as is a real Strat.
Knockoffs are okay sometimes, sometimes not. Believe it or not, I've
recently aquired a Chinese made Strat that sounds quite good. Not as
good as my old made in the U.S.A. Strat, but not a bad knock around
guitar.

------------------------------

One of the nicest sounding (and easiest to play) guitar in my growing
collection is an old, Peavey "Strat" clone that Mrs.E. bought many years
ago. It sat around unused for years. I put new strings on it, tuned it up
in open "G" and am having a blast goofing around with it.

Mrs.E. prefers it's sound to the sound of the Eric CLapton "Blackie".

Eisboch

On Mar 11, 9:00*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

I agree, a real Les Paul is a thing of beauty, as is a real Strat.
Knockoffs are okay sometimes, sometimes not. Believe it or not, I've
recently aquired a Chinese made Strat that sounds quite good. Not as
good as my old made in the U.S.A. Strat, but not a bad knock around
guitar.

------------------------------

One of the nicest sounding (and easiest to play) guitar in my growing
collection is an old, Peavey "Strat" clone that Mrs.E. bought many years
ago. *It sat around unused for years. *I put new strings on it, tuned it up
in open "G" and am having a blast goofing around with it.

Mrs.E. prefers it's sound to the sound of the Eric CLapton "Blackie".

Eisboch

Hey Dick! Send me an email at JWAFM, I got something I would like to
share with you.

wrote in message

I agree, a real Les Paul is a thing of beauty, as is a real Strat.
Knockoffs are okay sometimes, sometimes not. Believe it or not, I've
recently aquired a Chinese made Strat that sounds quite good. Not as
good as my old made in the U.S.A. Strat, but not a bad knock around
guitar.

------------------------------

One of the nicest sounding (and easiest to play) guitar in my growing
collection is an old, Peavey "Strat" clone that Mrs.E. bought many years
ago. *It sat around unused for years. *I put new strings on it, tuned it up
in open "G" and am having a blast goofing around with it.

Mrs.E. prefers it's sound to the sound of the Eric CLapton "Blackie".

Eisboch

Here's a goody, too. I've got an amp. It's a Heathkit of all things!
Built in the early 70's as near as I can get. I bought the thing at a
flea market in Chattanooga, TN, the volume knob needed a wire soldered
back on. It actually has a really nice sound. One of the guys I jam
with loves plugging his old Peavey into it and cranking up the reverb!!

wrote in message

[...]

Some of the old Heathkits had some well designed electronics as I recall.
My first real audio amp was a kit from Lafayette Radio. 5 watt tube amp.
I ended up building two, so I could build my first "stereo". One worked.
The other just "hummed". I never figured out what I screwed up.

Long out of business now.

Before that, I "built" systems using old TV chassis. Very often it was a
shocking experience.

Eisboch

wrote in message

[...]

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

My brother used to build a lot of Heathkit stuff when he was in high
school, then went on to become an electrical engineer. We lived in
western NY, got two fuzzy TV channels up in the valley. He got a
shortwave Heathkit radio, put it together and it was like a window to
the world to us! We used to sit in his room late at night and listen
to broadcasts from all over the world. We could also get AM skip and
listen to WWVA in Wheeling, WV. That was SO exotic to us!

wrote in message

[...]

Here is a picture of the shortwave radio:

http://tinyurl.com/2txdjo

Sometime I'll take a pic of the amp!
Tim Tim is offline

Eisboch wrote:

Fender is marketing a "Jay Turner" model "Strat" in the US. I looked at
them yesterday at the local music shop I frequent.
Guitar and little Peavey practice amp is $199 dollars.

Richard, I think you're talking about "Jay Turser" which is a seperate
company that produces under license from Fender. The Turser quality is
a lot better than it used to be. They make some really good knock-
off's.

Interesting about "name brands" like:

Jay Turser
Carlo Robelli
J.D. Player

FAIK, those are all distributor brands and there are no such designer/
luthier-like people associated with the product names.

Now the cheap J. Reynolds brands. I Do know J. Reynolds. He worked
for Samuel Music/ Midco Int'l, in Effingham IL. for years. Midco Int'l
owns the Lotus Brand, was partners with Washburn for a while, Owns the
Arbor trademark, was the sole distributor of Hohner harmonicas in the
US, also introduced Yamaha band instruments back in the late 60's etc.
For a small office in a small mid-west town, they had warehouses all
across the US.

Reynolds just retired about 5 years ago after about 30+ years of
service, Dean Samuelthe owner, had Midco produce a guitar in his
honor. It's an inexpensive "Strat" copy, but plays pretty well.

cool, eh?

Get Rich Daun Johnson General 0 January 31st 06 05:54 PM
Get Rich Daun Johnson UK Paddle 0 January 31st 06 07:29 AM
Get Rich Daun Johnson Tall Ships 0 January 31st 06 01:57 AM
Get Rich Daun Johnson ASA 0 January 31st 06 01:57 AM
Get Rich Daun Johnson General 0 January 31st 06 01:57 AM