Default Southern pansies...

On Feb 18, 5:30*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 05:23:23 -0800 (PST), wrote:
Yeah, while my boat doesn't have a jack plate, my friend's does. My
next bass boat will have one.

It took me a long time to accept the whole jack plate concept, but,
and this is going to sound like a me too moment, once I installed one
on my Ranger, I became convinced.

I was the same way, Tom. I just didn't think that a jack plate would
be worth the trouble. Then when my buddy traded boats and the new one
had a jack plate, I was convinced! We went out and played with it
while watching GPS speeds. I want one!!!

wrote:
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 05:23:23 -0800 (PST), wrote:
Yeah, while my boat doesn't have a jack plate, my friend's does. My
next bass boat will have one.

It took me a long time to accept the whole jack plate concept, but,
and this is going to sound like a me too moment, once I installed one
on my Ranger, I became convinced.

I was the same way, Tom. I just didn't think that a jack plate would
be worth the trouble. Then when my buddy traded boats and the new one
had a jack plate, I was convinced! We went out and played with it
while watching GPS speeds. I want one!!!

I was forced into it, but it does a lot for the boat.

Having said that, I'm not sure how it would effect a smaller engine on
a smaller boat.

Friend's boat is an Alumacraft 17' with a 135 Merc on it. It does alot
of good with that, but I'm thinking that if he had a 70 or under it
wouldn't see much difference. We were playing with it at about half
throttle and it didn't do much. My boat is lighter than his w/ a 135
Unevinrude.