posted to rec.boats.paddle
mustangtraveler

Default Looking for Southern Cal Boaters

Friends of the LA River is holding our annual CleanUp on Saturday May
6th from 9am to 12n at 14 different sites from Tujunga to Long Beach.
There's also a Friday May 5th River School Day CleanUp at one site.
See http://www.folar.org/cleanup2006/index.html for lots of
information, including maps, sites, directions, etc.

There's plenty of trash in the river, but some of it is caught in trees
on sandbar islands that are difficult to reach by foot. What would be
fun (and perhaps even media-worthy) is to have a few 2-person
kayaks/canoes to shuttle volunteers to get trash on otherwise
unreachable islands.

The main sites where this would be useful are Taylor Yard
http://www.folar.org/cleanup2006/loc...aylorYard.html and A****er
Village http://www.folar.org/cleanup2006/loc...erVillage.html
- both are pleasant vegetated sites located near the intersection of
the 2 and 5 Freeways, just north of downtown LA.

I will try to arrange for use of 2-person boats. Any one who can
attend, bring a 2-person boat, and/or pilot a boat, please contact me -
see below for contact info.

Joe Linton
Outreach Director, Friends of the Los Angeles River
570 West Avenue 26 suite 250, Los Angeles, CA 90065
t: 323.223.0585 f: 323.223.2289

Political, but on topic- Boaters respond to proposed IRS changes [email protected] General 11 March 15th 06 10:04 PM
Club Boaters James Whitewater 3 February 27th 06 12:29 AM
Would boaters be interested in this product? Greg General 5 February 10th 06 04:29 AM
Attn: Florida boaters just me Cruising 0 January 16th 06 09:40 PM
Lake Erie Boaters? Jim Carter General 8 December 14th 05 03:55 PM