posted to rec.boats.paddle.whitewater
James

Default Club Boaters

How many people here use Whitewater Club Forums?

Example: Baltimore Canoe Club or Monocay Canoe Club or
www.professorpaddle.com

I am curious who reads this group and if there are many real boaters
that use this outlet.

James

posted to rec.boats.paddle.whitewater
Wilko

James,

Unfortunately this group is dormant. It was created when
rec.boats.paddle had a lot of traffic and the touring folks wanted a
group of their own. The whitewater paddlers stayed on rec.boats.paddle.
After a couple of particularly bothersome trolls, most of the whitewater
folks either left to boatertalk, or a number of other web-based forums.
At least there the moderators could ward of the trolls.

rec.boats.paddle is now but a shadow of its former self.

Wilko

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilkoa t)dse(d o tnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe

posted to rec.boats.paddle.whitewater

I check in here but I am mostly sea kayaking.
This site likely has more history than future. Too bad,its fine now

posted to rec.boats.paddle.whitewater
Grip

Along with Wilko, I too remember the hayday of RPB. I still have some
stickers someone made and sold from that era. One putz almost singlehandedly
destroyed the NG and it never really made it's way back. I check from time
to time anyway though :-)
As far as club boards, the Monocay board is well used, my club's board is
growing slowly but active daily. http:\\www.conewagocanoeclub.org click
on message board

Basic Racing Query Capt. Rob ASA 4 January 5th 06 09:58 PM
Don Smith, Dockmaster of Bimini Big Game Club, dies in Chaulks Crash Ed General 0 December 23rd 05 04:14 AM
Don Smith, Dockmaster of Bimini Big Game Club, dies in Chaulks Crash Ed Cruising 0 December 23rd 05 04:14 AM
Central England sailing club to recommend? Jeremy Batchelor General 2 October 31st 05 06:16 PM
It could happen to you. JIMinFL General 125 October 13th 05 05:58 PM