Jim Carter

Default Lake Erie Boaters?

Have any of you Lake Erie Boaters heard if the 3 missing sailors or any
trace of their boat been found?

The waves reached over 4 meters this week and temp. dropped to minus 9.
The sailboat that the 3 sailors were taking to Port Stanley was a Minuet,
only 6 meters in length!

Jim C.

Jim Carter wrote:
Have any of you Lake Erie Boaters heard if the 3 missing sailors or any
trace of their boat been found?

The waves reached over 4 meters this week and temp. dropped to minus 9.
The sailboat that the 3 sailors were taking to Port Stanley was a Minuet,
only 6 meters in length!

Jim C.

A good amount of the people here who reside near Lake Erie on the U.S.
side aren't interested in the lake, nor boating on the lake. They are
only interested in flaming others who do not goose step to the
republican party.

Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...

Jim Carter wrote:
Have any of you Lake Erie Boaters heard if the 3 missing sailors or any
trace of their boat been found?

The waves reached over 4 meters this week and temp. dropped to minus 9.
The sailboat that the 3 sailors were taking to Port Stanley was a Minuet,
only 6 meters in length!

Jim C.

A good amount of the people here who reside near Lake Erie on the U.S.
side aren't interested in the lake, nor boating on the lake. They are
only interested in flaming others who do not goose step to the
republican party.

I'm interested in my tuna sandwich at the moment.

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:22:12 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

Jim Carter wrote:
Have any of you Lake Erie Boaters heard if the 3 missing sailors or any
trace of their boat been found?

The waves reached over 4 meters this week and temp. dropped to minus 9.
The sailboat that the 3 sailors were taking to Port Stanley was a Minuet,
only 6 meters in length!

Jim C.

A good amount of the people here who reside near Lake Erie on the U.S.
side aren't interested in the lake, nor boating on the lake. They are
only interested in flaming others who do not goose step to the
republican party.

I'm interested in my tuna sandwich at the moment.

Many people covet the water in the Great Lakes. To prevent the theft
of our water by desert-dwelling US residents, here is some good news:

Note:
Registration required. Use http://www.bugmenot.com/ (FireWombat
extension available).

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...l=chi-news-hed
Great Lakes governors sign agreement on water protections

By Gretchen Ehlke
The Associated Press
Published December 13, 2005, 5:16 PM CST

MILWAUKEE -- Representatives of eight states and two Canadian
provinces formally approved an agreement Tuesday that would prevent
outsiders such as the booming cities of the Southwest from raiding
Great Lakes water.

The pact, reached last month after four years of talks, also seeks to
encourage conservation of water by the states and Canadian provinces
around the Great Lakes. It allows lake water to be transferred only to
communities within the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River Basin.

"The lakes represent a fresh water ecosystem that's unique on our
planet, supporting thousands of species, including human beings. These
agreements will protect our Great Lakes from the threats of diversions
outside this basin," said Wisconsin Gov. Jim Doyle, the incoming
chairman of the Council of Great Lakes Governors.

The pact was motivated largely by fears that states in the booming but
arid Southwest will try tapping into the lakes, which hold 90 percent
of the nation's fresh surface water, as their populations and
political clout grow.

Doug Kanter

"Q" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:22:12 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

wrote in message
groups.com...

Jim Carter wrote:
[...]

Now they need to watch out for tankers hauling the water away to places like
Africa.

P Fritz

But don't be surprised if in th efuture, the fed guvmint seizes control

"Q" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:22:12 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

Jim Carter wrote:
[...]

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...1,857777.story
?coll=chi-news-hed

Doug Kanter wrote:

I'm interested in my tuna sandwich at the moment.

mmmmm......tuna sammich.......

P Fritz

It will be a double whammy, the southwest states and the potential water
suppliers will be throwing in the money. The SW states, by getting the
water, will increase their populations, and thus their political power
inside the beltway.

"Q" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:22:12 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

Sailing on Lake Erie jlrogers ASA 12 December 7th 05 02:12 AM
Salt River Paddle Trip from Roosevelt Lake to Granite Flat [email protected] General 1 November 19th 05 08:45 PM
moving a sailboat from Annapolis to Lake Hartwell Christine Longwell General 1 October 11th 05 08:06 PM