Default speaking of Lunacy....

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 14:39:22 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
KFC Fried chicken protests...again?

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/253898/17/

now I'm getting hungry....

Nah, we'll go there tomorrow for lunch!

The protesters are correct. KFC somehow manages to take perfectly good
chicken breasts and cook them until they're as dry as cardboard, except for
the delicious greasy coating. That's cruel.

As a matter of fact, it's not dry at all unless it was improperly prepared
at your local KFC. KFC chicken is pressure fried after being doused in the
breading mixture.

That's not to say it's great chicken, but if you got a dry piece, you
should have returned it and told the manager to jack up the cook.

Don't ask how I know the KFC secrets.
--
John H

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 14:39:22 GMT, JoeSpareBedroom penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

"Tim" wrote in message
KFC Fried chicken protests...again?

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/253898/17/

now I'm getting hungry....

Nah, we'll go there tomorrow for lunch!

The protesters are correct. KFC somehow manages to take perfectly good
chicken breasts and cook them until they're as dry as cardboard, except
for
the delicious greasy coating. That's cruel.

I don't know if it can be accomplished with any greater finesse. White
meat from fowl usually is somewhere between sawdust and shoe leather.

There's a way to cook bone-in chicken breasts so they're not dry, but it
involves finesse, good timing, and you can't do it by bathing them in the
same amount of heat from all directions, like they are when pressure cooked.

Senior Member

"Tim" wrote in message
KFC Fried chicken protests...again?

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/253898/17/

now I'm getting hungry....

Nah, we'll go there tomorrow for lunch!

The protesters are correct. KFC somehow manages to take perfectly good
chicken breasts and cook them until they're as dry as cardboard, except for
the delicious greasy coating. That's cruel.

I don't know if it can be accomplished with any greater finesse. White
meat from fowl usually is somewhere between sawdust and shoe leather.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.idleplay.net/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguidehttp://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080209-0, 02/09/2008
Tested on: 2/10/2008 10:22:47 AM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software.http://www.avast.com- Hide quoted text -

What's the big deal? Mrs JW cooks white meat juicy and tender
everytime, and I am usually a dark meat eater. Take boneless breast,
egg, breadcrumbs in a smaller glass pan greased. You want to pack the
meat in somewhat tight, touching and the breasts not opended up all
the way or spread out, smooth side down. 425 for 22-24 minutes..
always comes out juicy and nice even for me and the kids. I don't see
what the big deal is and why some posers (not posters) are saying it
is so complicated... Geeze..

wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

======================

We're talking about KFC, which serves bone-in chicken breasts. Cooking
bone-in breasts is a whole different story.

Senior Member

On Feb 10, 10:40*am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

On Feb 10, 10:22 am, Gene Kearns

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

bone-in breasts is a whole different story.- Hide quoted text -

Different story, just as easy.. slow and low. start from there..

HK HK is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Gene Kearns wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 07:36:21 -0800 (PST),
penned the following well considered
thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

What's the big deal? Mrs JW cooks white meat juicy and tender
everytime, and I am usually a dark meat eater. Take boneless breast,
egg, breadcrumbs in a smaller glass pan greased. You want to pack the
meat in somewhat tight, touching and the breasts not opended up all
the way or spread out, smooth side down. 425 for 22-24 minutes..
always comes out juicy and nice even for me and the kids. I don't see
what the big deal is and why some posers (not posters) are saying it
is so complicated... Geeze..
We're talking apples and oranges.

Think (1) bone-in and (2) fried chicken (not baked).

And for the KFC angle, pressure cooked deep fat.....

Astonishing how KFC can take a relatively "healthy" food like chicken and
turn it into high calorie, high cholesterol crap.

The outrageous salt content of their product is what bugs me the most. But,
if you could eliminate that one factor, I don't think their fried chicken
would be so much worse than what you'd get at any other restaurant where
they know how to do it right.

Well, I like fried chicken - real fried chicken - which, of course KFC
does not serve, but I also like baked chicken. In fact, I like baked
better.
Jim Jim is offline

"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Gene Kearns wrote:
[...]

Keep them facts coming. We need to know all about you. What is your shoe
size?