Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Monster crowds at Seattle Boat Show

At least at the indoor venue, on a cold and rainy Saturday.

Elbow-to-elbow for several hours in the entire facility.

My informal attendance barometer: we gave away free magazines at a
*much* faster pace than in any recent year. You would think we had
stapled a $20 bill to the cover.

Very good news: I was astonished at the number of people we met who
came up to the booth and (in the course of conversation) commented
that they weren't familiar with our publication. It's been around
since 1965, and is found literally everywhere that boaters congregate.
Not everybody likes it or reads it, but most everybody at least knows
about it.

Most people who aren't familiar with the magazine are from out of the
area, as we are a regional publication. This year, however, many many
people weren't familiar with it because "We're just now getting into
boating..." Lots of these folks were younger families with school-age
kids.

Hot dawg!

(What if they gave a recession, and nobody came?)