Tim Tim is offline

Default Monster crowds at Seattle Boat Show

On Jan 27, 9:50*am, Chuck Gould wrote:
At least at the indoor venue, on a cold and rainy Saturday.

Isn't that every Saturday?

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 05:14:36 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Jan 27, 9:50*am, Chuck Gould wrote:
At least at the indoor venue, on a cold and rainy Saturday.

Isn't that every Saturday?

Tim, have you ever been to Seattle? Remember the song, "The bluest skies
you'll ever see are in Seattle?"

It's true, but not as frequent as the gray skies. But, the skies are extra
blue to make up for the bad days. While in the military I tried for almost
30 years to get assigned to Ft. Lewis. Never made it.
--
John H

On Jan 28, 5:14�am, Tim wrote:
On Jan 27, 9:50�am, Chuck Gould wrote:

At least at the indoor venue, on a cold and rainy Saturday.

Isn't that every Saturday?

Yes, yes!

It rains here every day.
Except today, when it actually snowed!

This is the second day we have had snow so far this year, but I think
it will all melt off in a couple of hours.

There is no reason anybody would want to come here. The weather is
horrible, the food is bad, the women are homely (except for my wife
and the wife or girlfriend of anybody I know), and everything is paved
over for hundreds of miles in every direction. I can't believe the 1/4
million people that have been falling for all the Chamber of Commerce
propaganda and relocating to Western Washington. Stay home, our
freeways are full... :-)
Senior Member

On Jan 28, 12:22Â*pm, Chuck Gould wrote:
On Jan 28, 5:14�am, Tim wrote:

On Jan 27, 9:50�am, Chuck Gould wrote:

At least at the indoor venue, on a cold and rainy Saturday.

Isn't that every Saturday?

Yes, yes!

It rains here every day.
Except today, when it actually snowed!

snicker

BTW and I am no net cop, but I do have an opinion on the whole
spamming thing.. (who'd a thunk huh, with my recent post but you,
and for that matter in my opinion I and dozens of others who
participate here on a regular basis should not feel at all bad about
noting boat related businesses they are involved in. So you should not
feel badly about posting a name of your mag, or a link to an article
for that matter, as should anyone else here involved in the industry.
Just my opinion. Although we do reserve the right to browbeat you over
your silly political views....

On Jan 28, 9:32Â*am, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here
On Jan 28, 12:22 pm, Chuck Gould wrote:
On Jan 28, 5:14�am, Tim wrote:

On Jan 27, 9:50�am, Chuck Gould wrote:
At least at the indoor venue, on a cold and rainy Saturday.
Isn't that every Saturday?
Yes, yes!

It rains here every day.
Except today, when it actually snowed!

snicker

BTW and I am no net cop, but I do have an opinion on the whole
spamming thing.. (who'd a thunk huh, with my recent post but you,
and for that matter in my opinion I and dozens of others who
participate here on a regular basis should not feel at all bad about
noting boat related businesses they are involved in. So you should not
feel badly about posting a name of your mag, or a link to an article
for that matter, as should anyone else here involved in the industry.
Just my opinion. Although we do reserve the right to browbeat you over
your silly political views....

If I was Chuck, I would handle it exactly the way he is doing now. Â*When
he posted a link, Harry would go on one of his manic rants accusing
Chuck of being a shill for the mfg'ers. Â*He sounded exactly the way
Karen used to.

This way his boat reviews and his magazine are not dragged into
rec.boats name calling.- Hide quoted text -

It makes more sense to participate here as an individual. I express
opinions that are entirely my own and that may or may not reflect
those of my publisher. If I participated from the perspective of
"Editor of ______" it might imply that the publication had some
specific opinions or agenda, and that is not the case.
Senior Member

On Jan 28, 12:32Â*pm, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here
On Jan 28, 5:14�am, Tim wrote:

[...]

Harry? Name calling.. So what? Harry and others are going to act like
that no matter what happens. It should not make any difference to
Chucks mag, or any other thinking participant...

On Jan 27, 9:44�am, WaIIy wrote:

What's the name of the magazine?

Is it a secret?- Hide quoted text -

No it's not a secret, but unless you live in this corner of the
country our regional publication is very hard to come by. I also avoid
spamming my product here. If you *did* live in this corner of the
country and had any interest at all in boating magazines you would
already know which publication I am associated with. (I use my real
name in this group, and it usually appears 2-3 times in each issue).

Send me an email so I can avoid spamming the group, (use my gmail
address), and I will pass along the particulars.

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:56:24 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould
wrote:

On Jan 27, 9:44?am, WaIIy wrote:

What's the name of the magazine?

Is it a secret?- Hide quoted text -

No it's not a secret, but unless you live in this corner of the
country our regional publication is very hard to come by. I also avoid
spamming my product here. If you *did* live in this corner of the
country and had any interest at all in boating magazines you would
already know which publication I am associated with. (I use my real
name in this group, and it usually appears 2-3 times in each issue).

Send me an email so I can avoid spamming the group, (use my gmail
address), and I will pass along the particulars.

Unlike Chuck, I don't worry that he may be spamming the group to post the
title of the publication in question:

http://tinyurl.com/2gov55

Now I'll warn you. If you take it, you'll just wish, on a monthly basis,
that you could be boating in the area served by the magazine.
--
John H