Default Cheap AAA batteries

My daughter-in-law sent me an email with a video that has the following
advice:

Instead of paying 5 bucks or more for a package of four, AAA batteries, buy
a $4-$5 , 6 volt lantern battery instead.

These are the ones that are about 3" by 3" by 6" and have the spring
electrical connectors on the top.
Remove the label, pry off the top of the case with a screwdriver and snip
the internal wire connectors going to the springs.

Invert the case and dump out 32 brandy new AAA batteries.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message
My daughter-in-law sent me an email with a video that has the following
advice:

Instead of paying 5 bucks or more for a package of four, AAA batteries,
buy a $4-$5 , 6 volt lantern battery instead.

These are the ones that are about 3" by 3" by 6" and have the spring
electrical connectors on the top.
Remove the label, pry off the top of the case with a screwdriver and snip
the internal wire connectors going to the springs.

Invert the case and dump out 32 brandy new AAA batteries.

Eisboch

???? If this is correct, she just paid you back for your son. Used to be
the wife's family gave up a nice goat or something like that.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Eisboch" wrote in message
My daughter-in-law sent me an email with a video that has the following
advice:

Instead of paying 5 bucks or more for a package of four, AAA batteries,
buy a $4-$5 , 6 volt lantern battery instead.

These are the ones that are about 3" by 3" by 6" and have the spring
electrical connectors on the top.
Remove the label, pry off the top of the case with a screwdriver and snip
the internal wire connectors going to the springs.

Invert the case and dump out 32 brandy new AAA batteries.

Eisboch

???? If this is correct, she just paid you back for your son. Used to be
the wife's family gave up a nice goat or something like that.

I haven't tried it yet. Seems like the last time I opened a lantern battery
it had four "C" cells in it, but that was quite a while ago. Maybe they
have changed the design.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message
My daughter-in-law sent me an email with a video that has the following
advice:

Instead of paying 5 bucks or more for a package of four, AAA batteries,
buy a $4-$5 , 6 volt lantern battery instead.

These are the ones that are about 3" by 3" by 6" and have the spring
electrical connectors on the top.
Remove the label, pry off the top of the case with a screwdriver and snip
the internal wire connectors going to the springs.

Invert the case and dump out 32 brandy new AAA batteries.

Eisboch

Forget all the above. I just discovered it's a hoax. (It wasn't "AAA"
anyway, it was claimed to be "AA")
In any event, right now I feel like the horse's ass.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message
[...]

Forget it. It turned out to be a hoax. No such thing.
mutter

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message
[...]

Here is the video. AA batteries, not AAA.

Thanks for the heads up Dick.

Don't thank me so fast. It turned out to be a hoax.

Eisboch

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:47:48 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

My daughter-in-law sent me an email with a video that has the following
advice:

Instead of paying 5 bucks or more for a package of four, AAA batteries, buy
a $4-$5 , 6 volt lantern battery instead.

These are the ones that are about 3" by 3" by 6" and have the spring
electrical connectors on the top.
Remove the label, pry off the top of the case with a screwdriver and snip
the internal wire connectors going to the springs.

Invert the case and dump out 32 brandy new AAA batteries.

That doesn't make any sense.

How do you get 6 volts out of 32 1.5 volts in series? That's 48
volts.

I thought they contained four 1.5 volt square pack cells in series.

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 21:02:25 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
My daughter-in-law sent me an email with a video that has the following
advice:

Instead of paying 5 bucks or more for a package of four, AAA batteries,
buy a $4-$5 , 6 volt lantern battery instead.

These are the ones that are about 3" by 3" by 6" and have the spring
electrical connectors on the top.
Remove the label, pry off the top of the case with a screwdriver and snip
the internal wire connectors going to the springs.

Invert the case and dump out 32 brandy new AAA batteries.

Forget all the above. I just discovered it's a hoax. (It wasn't "AAA"
anyway, it was claimed to be "AA")

Okaly doakly..

In any event, right now I feel like the horse's ass.

As President Emeritus of the Horse's Ass Club, I welcome you to our
fraternity.

Your official membership card and wall plaque will arrive shortly. :)

"Eisboch" wrote
Forget all the above. I just discovered it's a hoax.

Well, if you've already stocked up on lantern batteries, maybe you can
harvest some graphite rods:
http://www.theodoregray.com/Periodic...6.2/index.html
And use them to isolate some hydrogen:
http://www.theodoregray.com/Periodic...1.1/index.html