Default Aluminum boats welding (Hewes, Duckworth, Bolton)

wrote in message
On Jan 11, 9:02 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

On Jan 11, 8:34 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

wrote in message

Finally going to make the plunge and buy an aluminum boat, but i am
confused. Our goal is to buy a boat that will last for many years to
come and also turn heads when on the water. The more i talk to
salesman the more BS i hear. What should i be looking for as far as
the quality of the welds, some look like art and some look like my son
who is 12 tried to weld for the first time. Does the apperance of the
weld matter? We are looking at a 200 Sea Runner Hewes Craft right now,
any comments would help at this point

Thanks

I own a Lund, and the company makes a big selling point of the fact that
their aluminum hulls are double riveted. Welding is not mentioned
anywhere
in their literature, as far as I've noticed. I've been beating the crap
out
of the boat since 1999 and it's as tight as the day it was new.

www.lundboats.com

Thanks for the feedback
I appreciate your coment about rivetted boats but my wife said noway
to riveted boats, he dad had one and it always leaked. Infact you
should have seen the dirty looks she gave one of the salesman when he
was trying to sale us on a riveted boat. What would you look for or
like to see as far as welds?

================

I have no idea what to look for with welds. Tell your wife that her dad
bought a ****ty boat, and she should not judge all riveted boats based on
her father's bad judgement and low budget. If she's such a shmexpert,
maybe
she should be designing boats.- Hide quoted text -

I would appreciate it if you didn't talk about her that way. You
don't know her.

==================

I don't know her, but based on the information you provided, I know
something ABOUT her. Here's an example of what I know about her: She thinks
a handmade pastry from a fancy bakery is identical to a frozen Sara Lee
pastry with the same name, like "tiramisu".

wrote in message

[...]

Maybe her dad bought a Lund and the rivets leaked. You know nothing about
her or the boat her dad bought. Except that the boat had leaking rivets.

wrote in message

[...]

You are correct. The leaky boat could've been a Lund. But, that doesn't
change the absolute perfection of my analogy. His wife thinks all things
within a given category are identical. Hopefully, that doesn't extend to
men.

Senior Member

wrote in message

[...]

don't know her.- Hide quoted text -

Hopefully you don't judge our group by Joe. I don't even think he
owns a boat;(

wrote in message

[...]

Don't bet on it, puppy boy.

wrote in message

[...]

A rivet leaking Lund. May not be leaking now, but eventually a rivet will
leak.

Senior Member

wrote in message

[...]

leak.- Hide quoted text -

He's just a stupid drunk. Anyone who has dealt with an alcoholic knows
that. Just hoping the OP knows that he can actually get good info here
if he just ignores him...
Senior Member

On Jan 12, 7:26*pm, HK wrote:
wrote:

He's just a stupid drunk. Anyone who has dealt with an alcoholic knows
that. Just hoping the OP knows that he can actually get good info here
if he just ignores him...

You're the one who seems to PUI. You know, post under the influence.

--
George W. Bush - the 43rd Best President Ever!

Heh, I was going to mention that the other troll would be along
soon

Note to the origional poster if you are still he We are a pretty
good group, really there are only two in the whole group who jump in
with no info, trying to troll conversations into the ground and steer
folks the wrong way intentionally... Both have posted to this thread,
I will leave it to you to figure out who they are

Hopefully they have not soured you to the rest of us... If so, good
luck with your boat. There are other monitored groups where you might
get more info, or try rec.boats.builders.. more technitions and less
"engineers" there if you know what I mean...