posted to rec.boats.building
Brian D

Default WTB: Aluminum Boats by Kaiser Aluminum

Anybody seen this rare book? I'd sure like to get a copy ...if you've got
one gathering dust, then would you be willing to part with it?

Thanks,
Brian
briandixon7 AT comcast DOT net

posted to rec.boats.building
Brian D

Thanks. Good find. I guess that it's the 2nd edition that I'd really like
to find though. The one at Abe Books is the 1964 1st edition. The 2nd
edition has a lot more info and came out in '78.

Thanks though ...this is the first copy that I've seen.

Brian

ups.com...
you will find one at abebooks.com
mine is a little bit far off your home )
klaus
www.aluriverboat.de

posted to rec.boats.building
hakl

Mine is the second.
But comparing to other books I could not find anything interesting.
What main focus do have in information ?
.... at my HP you can find a books list (Literatur)

posted to rec.boats.building
Brian D

I don't have a copy yet, but it was recommended to me by Stephen Pollard who
wrote 'Boatbuilding with Aluminum'. Otherwise, I know little of the book or
contents except that someone that I respect recommended it.

Thx,
Brian

"hakl" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mine is the second.
But comparing to other books I could not find anything interesting.
What main focus do have in information ?
... at my HP you can find a books list (Literatur)

posted to rec.boats.building
hakl

For me, as I wanted to build a alu-hull, it covers this an that,
in few sentences and some drawings, which you can find in many books.

The Aluminum-focus for me was handling, welding and properties of
alu-alloys in depth.
This is covered really in Aluminum Association: Welding Aluminum :
Theory and Practice
and the special edition for hull welding American Welding Association:
Guide for Aluminum Hull Welding
and in Stephen Pollard's book.

Other hints for design, construction and outfit could be found in many
others in a better way.

Kaiser's broschure seemed for a little bit propagating aluminum for
boats at those days )

best, klaus

posted to rec.boats.building
Brian D

Ok ..thanks. These other publications are readily available, so I think
I'll switch tracks and look for them instead. Thanks for all the help and
info.

Brian

oups.com...