HK HK is offline

Default The Days...

....are getting longer!

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

...are getting longer!

Yes they are. And today is supposed to hit the 50's. I may make it
through the winter yet.

Eisboch

HK wrote in
:

...are getting longer!

Nope.....not until tomorrow.

Do you know why all the sun gods like JC were born on Dec 25th? It's
purely astrological. That's the day after the Winter solstice the sun
moves, perceptably with the naked eye, north 1 degree, being "born again".

"Born Again Christians", I'd say 99% of them, have no idea what that, or
the Pisces fish on the back of their minivans actually means,
astrologically. They get mad as hell if you tell 'em, though! They like
living in a mental vacuum that doesn't upset the apple cart.

The Earth ISN'T 6000 years old, either. That really sets 'em off!

Larry
--
I found what I wanted for Christmas at Best Buy,
but she wouldn't stop screaming obscenities while

How was I s'posed ta know associate girls weren't
on sale?

"JimH" wrote in news:476e7425$0$4997
:

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

...are getting longer!

Yes they are. And today is supposed to hit the 50's. I may make it
through the winter yet.

Eisboch

Windy but temps also in the 50's here.........it actually smells like
Spring!

OAT on the Ashley River 10 miles up from Charleston Harbor is 68.9F on a
cloudy day in Charleston. It rained a little more in the night that we
sorely need. It's so dry in the South, water doesn't run off my lawn but
is simply assimilated like a dried out sponge. You can hear the grass
cheering this morning...(c;

Hmm...too warm....scooter to lunch, today!

Larry
--
I found what I wanted for Christmas at Best Buy,
but she wouldn't stop screaming obscenities while
we were scanning her and forcing her into the bag!

How was I s'posed ta know associate girls weren't
on sale?

HK HK is offline

Larry wrote:
HK wrote in
:

...are getting longer!

Nope.....not until tomorrow.

Do you know why all the sun gods like JC were born on Dec 25th? It's
purely astrological. That's the day after the Winter solstice the sun
moves, perceptably with the naked eye, north 1 degree, being "born again".

"Born Again Christians", I'd say 99% of them, have no idea what that, or
the Pisces fish on the back of their minivans actually means,
astrologically. They get mad as hell if you tell 'em, though! They like
living in a mental vacuum that doesn't upset the apple cart.

The Earth ISN'T 6000 years old, either. That really sets 'em off!

Larry

Frankly, I had no idea "JC" was born on December 25th. I have no idea
why any Jewish mother would give birth on that day. Also, I work hard to
avoid evangelical entanglements.

HK HK is offline

Larry wrote:
"JimH" wrote in news:476e7425$0$4997
:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
"HK" wrote in message
. ..

...are getting longer!
Yes they are. And today is supposed to hit the 50's. I may make it
through the winter yet.

Eisboch

Windy but temps also in the 50's here.........it actually smells like
Spring!

OAT on the Ashley River 10 miles up from Charleston Harbor is 68.9F on a
cloudy day in Charleston. It rained a little more in the night that we
sorely need. It's so dry in the South, water doesn't run off my lawn but
is simply assimilated like a dried out sponge. You can hear the grass
cheering this morning...(c;

Hmm...too warm....scooter to lunch, today!

Larry

It's actually 60F and foggy-misty in my little part of the blue sphere.
I was hoping it would be dry so I could get the remaining few leaves off
the lawn, but, alas...

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 17:16:08 +0000, Larry wrote:

Do you know why all the sun gods like JC were born on Dec 25th? It's
purely astrological. That's the day after the Winter solstice the sun
moves, perceptably with the naked eye, north 1 degree, being "born
again".

Who says Christ was born on Dec 25? That's just the day his birth is
celebrated. There is considerable evidence Dec 25 was picked as an
alternative to the pagan celebrations to the solstice, though.
Dan Dan is offline

JimH wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..

It's actually 60F and foggy-misty in my little part of the blue sphere. I
was hoping it would be dry so I could get the remaining few leaves off the
lawn, but, alas...

It dropped 20 degrees over the past 7 hours and is now snowing. Go figure.

Global warming.

1,000 days at sea .. NE Sailboat Cruising 14 May 1st 07 11:33 PM
Three days later ... Donal ASA 7 May 30th 06 12:13 AM
May be away for a few days. Jonathan Ganz ASA 4 July 14th 03 04:01 AM
for those 95+ deg days Jonathan Ganz ASA 77 June 29th 03 04:58 AM