BoatBanter.com

-   -   The Days... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/89146-days.html)

HK December 23rd 07 02:10 PM

The Days...

....are getting longer!

Eisboch December 23rd 07 02:39 PM

The Days...

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

...are getting longer!

Yes they are. And today is supposed to hit the 50's. I may make it
through the winter yet.

Eisboch

Larry December 23rd 07 05:16 PM

The Days...

HK wrote in
:

...are getting longer!

Nope.....not until tomorrow.

Do you know why all the sun gods like JC were born on Dec 25th? It's
purely astrological. That's the day after the Winter solstice the sun
moves, perceptably with the naked eye, north 1 degree, being "born again".

"Born Again Christians", I'd say 99% of them, have no idea what that, or
the Pisces fish on the back of their minivans actually means,
astrologically. They get mad as hell if you tell 'em, though! They like
living in a mental vacuum that doesn't upset the apple cart.

The Earth ISN'T 6000 years old, either. That really sets 'em off!

Larry
--
I found what I wanted for Christmas at Best Buy,
but she wouldn't stop screaming obscenities while

How was I s'posed ta know associate girls weren't
on sale?

Larry December 23rd 07 05:18 PM

The Days...

"JimH" wrote in news:476e7425$0$4997
:

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

...are getting longer!

Yes they are. And today is supposed to hit the 50's. I may make it
through the winter yet.

Eisboch

Windy but temps also in the 50's here.........it actually smells like
Spring!

OAT on the Ashley River 10 miles up from Charleston Harbor is 68.9F on a
cloudy day in Charleston. It rained a little more in the night that we
sorely need. It's so dry in the South, water doesn't run off my lawn but
is simply assimilated like a dried out sponge. You can hear the grass
cheering this morning...(c;

Hmm...too warm....scooter to lunch, today!

Larry

HK December 23rd 07 05:23 PM

The Days...

Larry wrote:
HK wrote in
:

...are getting longer!

Nope.....not until tomorrow.

Do you know why all the sun gods like JC were born on Dec 25th? It's
purely astrological. That's the day after the Winter solstice the sun
moves, perceptably with the naked eye, north 1 degree, being "born again".

"Born Again Christians", I'd say 99% of them, have no idea what that, or
the Pisces fish on the back of their minivans actually means,
astrologically. They get mad as hell if you tell 'em, though! They like
living in a mental vacuum that doesn't upset the apple cart.

The Earth ISN'T 6000 years old, either. That really sets 'em off!

Larry

Frankly, I had no idea "JC" was born on December 25th. I have no idea
why any Jewish mother would give birth on that day. Also, I work hard to
avoid evangelical entanglements.

HK December 23rd 07 05:25 PM

The Days...

Larry wrote:
"JimH" wrote in news:476e7425$0$4997
:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
"HK" wrote in message
. ..

...are getting longer!
Yes they are. And today is supposed to hit the 50's. I may make it
through the winter yet.

Eisboch

Windy but temps also in the 50's here.........it actually smells like
Spring!

OAT on the Ashley River 10 miles up from Charleston Harbor is 68.9F on a
cloudy day in Charleston. It rained a little more in the night that we
sorely need. It's so dry in the South, water doesn't run off my lawn but
is simply assimilated like a dried out sponge. You can hear the grass
cheering this morning...(c;

Hmm...too warm....scooter to lunch, today!

Larry

It's actually 60F and foggy-misty in my little part of the blue sphere.
I was hoping it would be dry so I could get the remaining few leaves off
the lawn, but, alas...

[email protected] December 23rd 07 06:09 PM

The Days...

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 17:16:08 +0000, Larry wrote:

Do you know why all the sun gods like JC were born on Dec 25th? It's
purely astrological. That's the day after the Winter solstice the sun
moves, perceptably with the naked eye, north 1 degree, being "born
again".

Who says Christ was born on Dec 25? That's just the day his birth is
celebrated. There is considerable evidence Dec 25 was picked as an
alternative to the pagan celebrations to the solstice, though.

Short Wave Sportfishing December 23rd 07 11:00 PM

The Days...

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 18:09:55 -0000, wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 17:16:08 +0000, Larry wrote:

Do you know why all the sun gods like JC were born on Dec 25th? It's
purely astrological. That's the day after the Winter solstice the sun
moves, perceptably with the naked eye, north 1 degree, being "born
again".

Who says Christ was born on Dec 25? That's just the day his birth is
celebrated. There is considerable evidence Dec 25 was picked as an
alternative to the pagan celebrations to the solstice, though.

Don't confuse Larry with facts.

It upsets his medication regimen and his social worker has to make him
a new tin foil hat.

HK December 23rd 07 11:18 PM

The Days...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 18:09:55 -0000, wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 17:16:08 +0000, Larry wrote:

Do you know why all the sun gods like JC were born on Dec 25th? It's
purely astrological. That's the day after the Winter solstice the sun
moves, perceptably with the naked eye, north 1 degree, being "born
again".

Who says Christ was born on Dec 25? That's just the day his birth is
celebrated. There is considerable evidence Dec 25 was picked as an
alternative to the pagan celebrations to the solstice, though.

Don't confuse Larry with facts.

It upsets his medication regimen and his social worker has to make him
a new tin foil hat.

We're talking religion here. No facts.

Dan December 24th 07 01:30 AM

The Days...

JimH wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..

It's actually 60F and foggy-misty in my little part of the blue sphere. I
was hoping it would be dry so I could get the remaining few leaves off the
lawn, but, alas...

It dropped 20 degrees over the past 7 hours and is now snowing. Go figure.

Global warming.