Default Santa selling his sled. Will need a boat by 2012.

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:52:29 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:58:13 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould
wrote:

According to that group of left wing nut jobs, the National Aeronautic
and Space Administration, the ice at the north pole (and the rest of
the arctic) is melting at a rate that could
leave the north end of the globe ice free by 2012.

Santa will either have to move to the south pole, (where there is
still plenty of ice), or take up boating. Maybe he'll participate in
rec.boats, and become another one of the posters whose true identities
are a mystery. :-)

From the news last week, there's not only plenty of ice at the south pole,
but it's accumulating by leaps and bounds!

Makes one wonder if there's not a little hype going around somewhere.

"Unconventional Wisdom

A member of the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
says he and many other scientists do not see global warming as a
developing
catastrophe and there is no smoking gun proving that human activity is to
blame for the warming that does occur.

John Christy is the director of the Earth System Science Center at the
University of Alabama at Huntsville. He and thousands of others on the
U.N.
panel share half the Nobel Prize also awarded to Al Gore. But he says he
cringes when he hears 100-year weather forecasts when it is incredibly
difficult to accurately predict the weather five days from now.

He writes in The Wall Street Journal, "Mother Nature simply operates at a
level of complexity that is, at this point, beyond the mastery of mere
mortals (such as scientists) and the tools available to us."

He points out that a recent CNN report on climate change made much of the
shrinking Arctic sea ice cover, but did not mention that winter sea ice
around Antarctica set a record maximum last month."

From: http://tinyurl.com/39xr7v
--
John H

I wonder if Mr/Mrs Clause will move their headquarters. :)

That's what I'd do!
--
John H

From:http://tinyurl.com/39xr7v
--
John H

I wonder if Mr/Mrs Clause will move their headquarters. ?:)- Hide quoted
text -

It would seem weird to have Santa Claus headquartered at the South
Pole, if only because in the southern hemisphere the Christmas holiday
occurs at the summer, rather than the winter solstice. Somehow the
image of a guy all wrapped up in a red fur robe and flying through the
air on a magic sleigh seems inconsistent with sitting under the palm
tree and slathering on sunscreen.

That's easy, just have Congress change the Christmas holiday date.

July 25th. Hell, one of our local radio stations already has "Christmas in
July" and plays nothing but Christmas music all day.
--
John H

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 22:19:21 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould
wrote:

On Dec 12, 3:34?pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:09:49 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:
That's easy, just have Congress change the Christmas holiday date.

And make another 3 day weekend.

Excellent.

Not a bad idea at all, really.

We move Washington's birthday all around the calendar to create a 3-
day weekend in February- and we have a pretty darn good idea exactly
when George Washington was born (don't ask me whether the Georgian or
Gregorian calendar happened to be in use when he was born in the early
1700's.....but there was a switch made probably within 50 or 75 years
of his birthdate).

I think you'd need to look pretty far to find any Christian authority
willing to swear (literally) on a stack of Bibles that Jesus was born
on December 25, so why not move the birthday celebration to make a
three day weekend? There's nothing holy about December 25, it was an
arbitrarily selected day.

In fact, speaking of holidays, Christmas Day was not a holiday in the
United States until 1870 and the same group of people we point to with
pride at Thanksgiving, (The Puritans), would put people in jail for
celebrating Christmas.

It's truly a complicated holiday.

Do you reckon something like the Folsom Street Fair would be more
appropriate than these religious events? Seems like the SP's would love
more of this:

http://tinyurl.com/3djdyg
--
John H

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:41:11 -0500, John H.
wrote:

July 25th. Hell, one of our local radio stations already has "Christmas in
July" and plays nothing but Christmas music all day.

Wonder how they get revenue. A local "Lite" station my wife listens
to and that my dentist pipes in started with the Christmas music right
after Halloween. Wife turned it off, and so did the dentist.

--Vic

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 23:33:53 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:16:36 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

I don't think people around here deny there is global warming. The
skepticism is how much is due to normal cycles and how much is due to human
contributions.

Exactly. And all the data points to it being a natural cycle with
little or no input from human kind.

And then there is this.

http://www.910knew.com/pages/carbon.html

Based on all this carbon emitting data that the True Believers would
like us to believe, we should be all dead by now.

We should all be happy with raw carrots and celery.

Amen.
--
John H

On Dec 13, 10:46�am, "Jim" me @nothere.net wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

On Dec 12, 12:04 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 07:11:38 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould

wrote:
If present trends continue, the Arctic will be ice free during the
summer months as early as 2012.

Want to know the truth? Here's what's really going on. Follow this link.http://titancast.titantv.com/players...d=1&vaid=6f799...

that's cute..

Location of 2012 whitewater coarse Drew Cutter General 3 July 7th 05 02:45 PM
Selling your Boat?? Frank Taylor, Jr. Cruising 0 June 22nd 05 02:48 PM
Are you selling your boat?? Frank Taylor, Jr. General 0 June 22nd 05 02:47 PM
selling your boat eddie General 0 July 11th 04 10:25 AM
Selling a boat Howie UK Paddle 13 May 12th 04 11:21 PM