Default Santa selling his sled. Will need a boat by 2012.

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:09:49 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

That's easy, just have Congress change the Christmas holiday date.

And make another 3 day weekend.

Excellent.

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:36:17 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

If you 're not too close minded you may find the above interesting reading.

You can't challenge True Believers.

Because you will be labeled a "denier" and thus subject to ridicule.

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:16:36 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

I don't think people around here deny there is global warming. The
skepticism is how much is due to normal cycles and how much is due to
human
contributions.

Exactly. And all the data points to it being a natural cycle with
little or no input from human kind.

And then there is this.

http://www.910knew.com/pages/carbon.html

Based on all this carbon emitting data that the True Believers would
like us to believe, we should be all dead by now.

Now tell me, how would anyone believe a researcher with a name like Adisa
Azapagic. The just pronouncing that name would produce a few "tonnes" of
CO2. :)

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 19:03:35 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

.. .
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:16:36 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

I don't think people around here deny there is global warming. The
skepticism is how much is due to normal cycles and how much is due to
human
contributions.

Exactly. And all the data points to it being a natural cycle with
little or no input from human kind.

And then there is this.

http://www.910knew.com/pages/carbon.html

Based on all this carbon emitting data that the True Believers would
like us to believe, we should be all dead by now.

Now tell me, how would anyone believe a researcher with a name like Adisa
Azapagic. The just pronouncing that name would produce a few "tonnes" of
CO2. :)

ROTFL!!

Sounds like my Border Collie sneezing. :)

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

You can't challenge True Believers.

Because you will be labeled a "denier" and thus subject to ridicule.

I like how you consistently refer to acceptance of that
which you clearly consider to be pure BS in religious terms.
;-)

On Dec 12, 3:34�pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:09:49 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:
That's easy, just have Congress change the Christmas holiday date.

And make another 3 day weekend.

Excellent.

Not a bad idea at all, really.

We move Washington's birthday all around the calendar to create a 3-
day weekend in February- and we have a pretty darn good idea exactly
when George Washington was born (don't ask me whether the Georgian or
Gregorian calendar happened to be in use when he was born in the early
1700's.....but there was a switch made probably within 50 or 75 years
of his birthdate).

I think you'd need to look pretty far to find any Christian authority
willing to swear (literally) on a stack of Bibles that Jesus was born
on December 25, so why not move the birthday celebration to make a
three day weekend? There's nothing holy about December 25, it was an
arbitrarily selected day.

In fact, speaking of holidays, Christmas Day was not a holiday in the
United States until 1870 and the same group of people we point to with
pride at Thanksgiving, (The Puritans), would put people in jail for
celebrating Christmas.

It's truly a complicated holiday.

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:13:04 -0800, -rick- wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

You can't challenge True Believers.

Because you will be labeled a "denier" and thus subject to ridicule.

I like how you consistently refer to acceptance of that
which you clearly consider to be pure BS in religious terms.
;-)

That's because it is a religion. Take a look around at some of the
more liberal sites - better yet, go make a post at KOS about global
warming being a scam and see how the warming crowd greets you.

Makes Muslims seem tame by comparison. :)

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:13:04 -0800, -rick- wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

You can't challenge True Believers.

Because you will be labeled a "denier" and thus subject to ridicule.

I like how you consistently refer to acceptance of that
which you clearly consider to be pure BS in religious terms.
;-)

That's because it is a religion. Take a look around at some of the
more liberal sites - better yet, go make a post at KOS about global
warming being a scam and see how the warming crowd greets you.

Makes Muslims seem tame by comparison. :)

In the name of Al Gore, Climatologist and the Holy Scientist, AMEN.

I am sorry, what were you talking about?

On Dec 12, 12:04 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 07:11:38 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould

wrote:
If present trends continue, the Arctic will be ice free during the
summer months as early as 2012. Nowhere did NASA, the AP, or I insist
that you sell your big block pickup truck and take up driving a Prius
instead. :-)

Wnat to know what this is all about Chuck?

Here 'ya go.

http://investor.nymex.com/releasedet...leaseID=281322

"The broad slate of new environmental products will perfectly
complement NYMEX's energy complex, enabling The Green Exchange
customers to efficiently manage the cost of reducing their 'carbon
footprint.' The Green Exchange expects to focus on both global and
regional compliance trading while also building liquidity and demand
for the highest quality voluntary standards in the market. Underlying
all this will be the ability for all market participants to manage
risk and take positions in environmental derivatives markets."

"Initially, The Green Exchange intends to offer trading in global
carbon-based contracts, such as carbon allowances (EUAs) under the
European Union Emissions Trading Scheme, carbon credits (CERs) under
the U.N. Clean Development Mechanism, and verified greenhouse gas
emission reductions (VERs/VCUs) used in accordance with voluntary
carbon standards. The Green Exchange will also offer contracts for
U.S. SO2 and NOx emissions allowance trading programs, as well as
contracts for national Green-e(tm) certified voluntary renewable energy
certificates (RECs)."

There it is - it's all about making money. The more dire warnings and
other "climate change" bull****, the more money is to be made.

And guess who's going to take it right in the wallet - you, me and
other stiffs who will be paying for it in the end.

So, cutting to the chase....do you believe the NASA satellite photos
and other evidence that suggest,"if the recent trend continues the
Arctic Ocean could be ice free as early as 2012"......or do you think
the administrative branch of the FEDGOV (oversees NASA) is lying to
the public in order to set up some economic scheme?

I'm not entirely onboard with the "it's all the fault of man and his
industry" view......the earth has warmed and cooled in cycles since
Day One. However, some of the warming and cooling has had disastrous
consequences in the past and if we can exert some influence to
moderate a cycle it might be in the best interest of humankind to do
so.

Global warming, at this point, is like Pascal's wager. Pascal couldn't
prove the existence of God, but figured he was safer to bet that God,
in some form, existed, lead his life accordingly, (and accept the
consequences in the end if he was wrong) than to bet that God in some
form didn't exist and face the possible consequences of that position.

If we all do a bit to (literally) clean up our act and it turns out
that global warming is indeed the liberal political hoax and economic
swindle that many of the non-believers insist it has to be, the worst
that happens is we leave a cleaner world to upcoming generations. You
and I are both avid conservationists, so I am almost entirely sure you
have no problem with that concept.

If we sit around nay-saying, blaming Al Gore, and ignoring minor
little
incidents like all of the ice disappearing from the Arctic ocean while
we wait for every single scientist in the world to agree that there's
a problem- it could then be too late to do anything about it.
Jim Jim is offline

wrote:
If present trends continue, the Arctic will be ice free during the
summer months as early as 2012.

Want to know the truth? Here's what's really going on. Follow this link.
http://titancast.titantv.com/players...b-db5642ba54d2

Location of 2012 whitewater coarse Drew Cutter General 3 July 7th 05 02:45 PM
Selling your Boat?? Frank Taylor, Jr. Cruising 0 June 22nd 05 02:48 PM
Are you selling your boat?? Frank Taylor, Jr. General 0 June 22nd 05 02:47 PM
selling your boat eddie General 0 July 11th 04 10:25 AM
Selling a boat Howie UK Paddle 13 May 12th 04 11:21 PM