Default 1970's car advert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR

Senior Member

On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR

There is a sweet 1970 Malibu for sale out near the stables. Maroon,
looks like a stock, garaged car, soooooooo pretty...

wrote in message
On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR

There is a sweet 1970 Malibu for sale out near the stables. Maroon,
looks like a stock, garaged car, soooooooo pretty...

Not to be a party pooper, but I've never understood the fascination with
these cars.
First of all, they are a dime a dozen. As a collectible, they really aren't
worth much.
Second, having driven several, they handle like crap, ride like crap and are
not particularly "fast".

To each their own, I suppose.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR

There is a sweet 1970 Malibu for sale out near the stables. Maroon,
looks like a stock, garaged car, soooooooo pretty...

Not to be a party pooper, but I've never understood the fascination with
these cars.
First of all, they are a dime a dozen. As a collectible, they really aren't
worth much.
Second, having driven several, they handle like crap, ride like crap and are
not particularly "fast".

To each their own, I suppose.

Eisboch

You would have loved my tangerine and cream 1953 Aero-Willys.
Senior Member

On Dec 10, 4:45 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR

There is a sweet 1970 Malibu for sale out near the stables. Maroon,
looks like a stock, garaged car, soooooooo pretty...

Not to be a party pooper, but I've never understood the fascination with
these cars.
First of all, they are a dime a dozen. As a collectible, they really aren't
worth much.
Second, having driven several, they handle like crap, ride like crap and are
not particularly "fast".

To each their own, I suppose.

Eisboch

I dunno either, my wife loves them. I have always been a bike or truck
guy myself, and I am not into custom ****, just buy the right tool in
the first place. Anyway, there is just something about that Malibu, I
could drive it... it is just plain pretty in my eye, beautiful curves,
good balance, and all stock.. I bet it has less than 50K on it too,
looking at it from the street...

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR

There is a sweet 1970 Malibu for sale out near the stables. Maroon,
looks like a stock, garaged car, soooooooo pretty...

Not to be a party pooper, but I've never understood the fascination with
these cars.
First of all, they are a dime a dozen. As a collectible, they really aren't
worth much.
Second, having driven several, they handle like crap, ride like crap and are
not particularly "fast".

To each their own, I suppose.

Eisboch

There is a car for everyone. Look at this Auto Group.

http://www.corvair.org/

Check out some of those beauties
http://images.google.com/images?q=co...=1&sa=N&tab=wi

"Eisboch" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR

There is a sweet 1970 Malibu for sale out near the stables. Maroon,
looks like a stock, garaged car, soooooooo pretty...

Not to be a party pooper, but I've never understood the fascination with
these cars.
First of all, they are a dime a dozen. As a collectible, they really
aren't worth much.
Second, having driven several, they handle like crap, ride like crap and
are not particularly "fast".

To each their own, I suppose.

Eisboch

The low riders really like those malibu's. The Chevelle SS was a good
straight line car. And sounded great. Sort of another Goat.

"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR
There is a sweet 1970 Malibu for sale out near the stables. Maroon,
looks like a stock, garaged car, soooooooo pretty...

Not to be a party pooper, but I've never understood the fascination with
these cars.
First of all, they are a dime a dozen. As a collectible, they really
aren't worth much.
Second, having driven several, they handle like crap, ride like crap and
are not particularly "fast".

To each their own, I suppose.

Eisboch

There is a car for everyone. Look at this Auto Group.

http://www.corvair.org/

Check out some of those beauties
http://images.google.com/images?q=co...=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Was a safer car than the Beetle and faster. Just that Nader could not
attack the VW as was a cult favorite. Yenko Stinger was a really nice
Corvair. And after they dumped the VW swing axles and went to IRS, was a
good handling car. At least Corvair came with "Camber Compensators".

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:24:22 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

There is a car for everyone. Look at this Auto Group.

http://www.corvair.org/

It seems that I remember that there was a turbo Corvair.

Had a friend in high school who was given one on her birthday. She
loved it.

Unfortunately, her boyfriend was a Ford guy. :)

wrote:

There is a car for everyone. Look at this Auto Group.

http://www.corvair.org/

It seems that I remember that there was a turbo Corvair.

Had a friend in high school who was given one on her birthday. She
loved it.

Unfortunately, her boyfriend was a Ford guy. :)

Yup, the Corvair Monza Spider.

Meridian yachts, associated with Trojan, mid 1970's? [email protected] General 3 June 7th 12 04:13 AM
Rather cool boat advert. Calif Bill General 6 May 26th 06 08:12 PM
Circa 1970's Starcraft/Johnson Steering Wheel Question Johnny88 General 2 April 28th 06 11:36 PM
rivieracraft 1970's skiboat * General 0 July 4th 04 01:04 PM
West Marine advert Q General 7 July 16th 03 02:34 PM