BoatBanter.com

-   -   1970's car advert (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/88793-1970s-car-advert.html)

Calif Bill December 10th 07 07:42 PM

1970's car advert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR

[email protected] December 10th 07 09:02 PM

1970's car advert

On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR

There is a sweet 1970 Malibu for sale out near the stables. Maroon,
looks like a stock, garaged car, soooooooo pretty...

Eisboch December 10th 07 09:45 PM

1970's car advert

wrote in message
On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR

There is a sweet 1970 Malibu for sale out near the stables. Maroon,
looks like a stock, garaged car, soooooooo pretty...

Not to be a party pooper, but I've never understood the fascination with
these cars.
First of all, they are a dime a dozen. As a collectible, they really aren't
worth much.
Second, having driven several, they handle like crap, ride like crap and are
not particularly "fast".

To each their own, I suppose.

Eisboch

HK December 10th 07 09:58 PM

1970's car advert

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR

There is a sweet 1970 Malibu for sale out near the stables. Maroon,
looks like a stock, garaged car, soooooooo pretty...

Not to be a party pooper, but I've never understood the fascination with
these cars.
First of all, they are a dime a dozen. As a collectible, they really aren't
worth much.
Second, having driven several, they handle like crap, ride like crap and are
not particularly "fast".

To each their own, I suppose.

Eisboch

You would have loved my tangerine and cream 1953 Aero-Willys.

[email protected] December 10th 07 09:59 PM

1970's car advert

On Dec 10, 4:45 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR

There is a sweet 1970 Malibu for sale out near the stables. Maroon,
looks like a stock, garaged car, soooooooo pretty...

Not to be a party pooper, but I've never understood the fascination with
these cars.
First of all, they are a dime a dozen. As a collectible, they really aren't
worth much.
Second, having driven several, they handle like crap, ride like crap and are
not particularly "fast".

To each their own, I suppose.

Eisboch

I dunno either, my wife loves them. I have always been a bike or truck
guy myself, and I am not into custom ****, just buy the right tool in
the first place. Anyway, there is just something about that Malibu, I
could drive it... it is just plain pretty in my eye, beautiful curves,
good balance, and all stock.. I bet it has less than 50K on it too,
looking at it from the street...

Reginald P. Smithers III December 10th 07 10:24 PM

1970's car advert

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR

There is a sweet 1970 Malibu for sale out near the stables. Maroon,
looks like a stock, garaged car, soooooooo pretty...

Not to be a party pooper, but I've never understood the fascination with
these cars.
First of all, they are a dime a dozen. As a collectible, they really aren't
worth much.
Second, having driven several, they handle like crap, ride like crap and are
not particularly "fast".

To each their own, I suppose.

Eisboch

There is a car for everyone. Look at this Auto Group.

http://www.corvair.org/

Check out some of those beauties
http://images.google.com/images?q=co...=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Calif Bill December 11th 07 12:39 AM

1970's car advert

"Eisboch" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR

There is a sweet 1970 Malibu for sale out near the stables. Maroon,
looks like a stock, garaged car, soooooooo pretty...

Not to be a party pooper, but I've never understood the fascination with
these cars.
First of all, they are a dime a dozen. As a collectible, they really
aren't worth much.
Second, having driven several, they handle like crap, ride like crap and
are not particularly "fast".

To each their own, I suppose.

Eisboch

The low riders really like those malibu's. The Chevelle SS was a good
straight line car. And sounded great. Sort of another Goat.

Calif Bill December 11th 07 12:43 AM

1970's car advert

"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR
There is a sweet 1970 Malibu for sale out near the stables. Maroon,
looks like a stock, garaged car, soooooooo pretty...

Not to be a party pooper, but I've never understood the fascination with
these cars.
First of all, they are a dime a dozen. As a collectible, they really
aren't worth much.
Second, having driven several, they handle like crap, ride like crap and
are not particularly "fast".

To each their own, I suppose.

Eisboch

There is a car for everyone. Look at this Auto Group.

http://www.corvair.org/

Check out some of those beauties
http://images.google.com/images?q=co...=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Was a safer car than the Beetle and faster. Just that Nader could not
attack the VW as was a cult favorite. Yenko Stinger was a really nice
Corvair. And after they dumped the VW swing axles and went to IRS, was a
good handling car. At least Corvair came with "Camber Compensators".

Short Wave Sportfishing December 11th 07 12:50 AM

1970's car advert

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:24:22 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

There is a car for everyone. Look at this Auto Group.

http://www.corvair.org/

It seems that I remember that there was a turbo Corvair.

Had a friend in high school who was given one on her birthday. She
loved it.

Unfortunately, her boyfriend was a Ford guy. :)

Reginald P. Smithers III December 11th 07 12:56 AM

1970's car advert

wrote:

There is a car for everyone. Look at this Auto Group.

http://www.corvair.org/

It seems that I remember that there was a turbo Corvair.

Had a friend in high school who was given one on her birthday. She
loved it.

Unfortunately, her boyfriend was a Ford guy. :)

Yup, the Corvair Monza Spider.