Default Yet Another Tragic Case......

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

Don White wrote:

It dropped quickly the last few days here... buoy at harbour mouth says
36.5 F right now.

Now that's cold!

Climate change. Global cooling.

Eisboch

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 07:57:14 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould
wrote:

This time it was three guys from NJ.

Apparently they thought the primary purpose of having PFD aboard a
small boat was to palacate the USCG in case of inspection.

What a shame. Considering wives, kids, friends, coworkers, employers,
employees, and family members there are maybe hundreds of people
affected by each of these deaths, so it isn't entirely or solely a
personal decision.

We can only hope their possibly needless deaths will serve as
instructional examples
The water up there is so freakin cold this time of year, it is
doubtful that a life jacket would have done more than prolong the
inevitable in my opinion. The *real* issue is what were these guys
thinking of, being off the NJ coast in November, in a 25 footer?
There are plenty of 40s, 50s and 60s that get in trouble in the NJ
inlets when things are rough. In a 25 kt nor'easter you can see the
surf breaking in and near those inlets from 3 miles out. Been there,
done that.

The water temp in Chesapeake Bay already is under 50F, which means if
you fall in and don't get out quickly, you're oyster bait.

It dropped quickly the last few days here... buoy at harbour mouth says
36.5 F right now.

Now that's cold!

Not compared to the air temp. My outdoor thermometer says 15F with high
winds and light snow. Took the dog out for a run this afternoon and didnt
last long because of a mini snow squall and very high gusts of frigid air.
Gotta dig out my ear muffs.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

Don White wrote:

It dropped quickly the last few days here... buoy at harbour mouth says
36.5 F right now.

Now that's cold!

Climate change. Global cooling.

Eisboch

Not this year...
http://en.epochtimes.com/news/7-12-1/62505.html

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 20:26:14 -0500, HK wrote:

Ten to 15 foot breaking waves are common off the Jersey coast this
time of year. They can capsize a 25 footer in a heartbeat.

As well as a 49' RV.

If they can capsize a 65 ft commercial fishing boat in the middle of
Barnegat Inlet, and they have, a low transom Parker would be easy
prey.

Dan Dan is offline

Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Nice try, a**hole.

No, it is not directed at SW, Eisboch, or any of the other responsible
righties here.

But nice try.

Oh. Whatever your politics, it is directed at you.

Boy... JohnH & Waylon sure act like the Bobsy twins.
They are desperate to drag the more moderate posters into their foolishness.
Maybe they need someone to hold their hands while they do their instigating,
facilitating etc.

Stupid puppy dog reply...

Dan Dan is offline

Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Is that directed towards SWF? I think he would be considered a
rightwinger? He is definitely right of my political views. While I
disagree with many individual's politics and/or religious viewpoints, I
know I would wish ill will on them. I am glad you are not reflective
of most people I have meet.

Nice try, a**hole.

No, it is not directed at SW, Eisboch, or any of the other responsible
righties here.
What is your definition of a "responsible rightie?"

Why are you afraid of calling out SWS and Eisboch when they express the
same views as others that you choose to attack because of their same
views?

But nice try.

Oh. Whatever your politics, it is directed at you.

You'll find the answer you seek by bending over, putting your head between
your knees and looking up.

That'd be an inprovement from what greets him in the mirror every morning!

And yet another. I can't believe this guy has an adult child living at
home. He responds like a teenager.
Dan Dan is offline

HK wrote:
Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Nice try, a**hole.

No, it is not directed at SW, Eisboch, or any of the other
responsible righties here.

But nice try.

Oh. Whatever your politics, it is directed at you.

Boy... JohnH & Waylon sure act like the Bobsy twins.
They are desperate to drag the more moderate posters into their
foolishness. Maybe they need someone to hold their hands while they do
their instigating, facilitating etc.

Don't you just love it when they play, "Who, me?"

I'm sure he does. What else does he have to do?

"Don White" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
[...]

Do you ever consider what you post?

"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
On Dec 1, 11:29 am, Larry wrote:

Larry
--
Isn't it ironic that the same ISPs that are telling you
you're downloads threaten their networks......

I remember the phone companies telling us they could not boost the
speed of our dialups because there was copper wire running from our
homes, to the poles and they could not take the speed. Then cable
came, and dsl, and guess what, for dsl they did not have to replace
any of the wiring from my pole out front to the modem,,, hummmmmm...

Let's talk about "conditioned" vs. "unconditioned" lines. Unconditioned
lines could not be used for data transmission above 1200 baud but, a
conditioned line could go above 1200 baud. What is the difference between
the two? You paid more for a conditioned line. What happened in 1984 that
as soon as ATT was broken up undonditioned lines could now support up to
56Kbps? Absolutely nothing.

Actually the difference was a lot. They implemented Quadrature in figuring
out what went down the line. Depends on phase angles. The lines are only
designed for 4400 cycles. What the mas voice transmitted was.