Default Yet Another Tragic Case......

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

NC...... on December 2nd. We just bought our Chrismahanukwanzakah
tree......

Air temperature 71 degrees.
Water temperature 71 degrees.

That's just wrong.

http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/buoy/41013.html

But, can you water your lawn?

Eisboch

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 15:19:33 -0500, John H. wrote:

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:59:11 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:38:34 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
m...

I don't know. But I believe the number of severe head injuries due to
motorcycle accidents would go down.

Of course they would.

Who's head?

Eisboch

You don't need a helmet!
--
John H

I asked you how much money you would save by forcing me to wear a helmet.
You didn't know.

Thank you for your understanding.

Eisboch

Here are some results of the only extensive study of motorcycle accidents
that I'm familiar with. Note #'s 45, 48, 49, and 53. Of side note is number
26 for the anti-countersteering crowd.

Whoops: http://www.ibmwr.org/otech/hurt.html
--
John H

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

Just be careful. The last thing we need right now is yet another
presidential candidate.

I will not seek, nor will I accept ....

Eisboch

If you're a human vegetable, you have no choice. You're drafted. You get
a free presidential dog, a speech writer recruited from the rec.guns
newsgroup, and you start calling everyone "folks".

Please be careful.

I don't believe Eisboch is dumb as one has to be to be the next GOP
nominee. Remember, Dubya set the GOP standard.

True, but a head injury could qualify him instantly. That, and a small
adjustment with a surgical icepiculum to the frontal lobes. Finally, a few
months with a speech pathologist to help with the fake accent, and he'd be
as good as elected.

"John H." wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:38:34 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
om...

I don't know. But I believe the number of severe head injuries due to
motorcycle accidents would go down.

Of course they would.

Who's head?

Eisboch

You don't need a helmet!
--
John H

I asked you how much money you would save by forcing me to wear a helmet.
You didn't know.

Thank you for your understanding.

Eisboch

Here are some results of the only extensive study of motorcycle accidents
that I'm familiar with. Note #'s 45, 48, 49, and 53. Of side note is
number
26 for the anti-countersteering crowd.

Whoops: http://www.ibmwr.org/otech/hurt.html
--
John H

Ya know, why are we discussing this? The most obvious bikers are the ones
with the loudest bikes, and unbeknownst to them, everyone wants them dead.
Everyone. There are no exceptions, except the two or three of you who will
say you are the exceptions. Let them ride without helmets. Hell...let them
ride blindfolded. Who cares?

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

True, but a head injury could qualify him instantly. That, and a small
adjustment with a surgical icepiculum to the frontal lobes. Finally, a few
months with a speech pathologist to help with the fake accent, and he'd be
as good as elected.

Hmmm....

Starting to sound good.
How much does it pay?

Eisboch

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

Ya know, why are we discussing this? The most obvious bikers are the ones
with the loudest bikes, and unbeknownst to them, everyone wants them dead.
Everyone. There are no exceptions, except the two or three of you who will
say you are the exceptions. Let them ride without helmets. Hell...let them
ride blindfolded. Who cares?

There's hope for you yet.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

True, but a head injury could qualify him instantly. That, and a small
adjustment with a surgical icepiculum to the frontal lobes. Finally, a
few months with a speech pathologist to help with the fake accent, and
he'd be as good as elected.

Hmmm....

Starting to sound good.
How much does it pay?

Eisboch

Not enough to compensate for being shunned forever after you leave office.

Calif Bill wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
. ..
D.Duck wrote:
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 10:08:22 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

If a law went into effect tomorrow that mandated helmets in every
state, by
how much would your current taxes, vehicle insurance and health
insurance
premiums be reduced by?
I agree with you on this - it wouldn't make a whit of difference.

My argument is that the same logic behind no helmet laws should also
be applied to seat belts - personal choice.

And the odd thing is that the "safety" statistics for seat belt use
being more safe than not is highly fabricated and, frankly, false.
I really don't care one way or another. I have no idea what the data
shows.

Why are there such laws in place if it doesn't help?

Not trying to argue, just get some points of view.

I find it hard to believe that insurance companies, who actually know the
cost, would promote anything that would cost them more money. If seat
belts and helmets were not safer, insurance companies would aggressively
fight against the laws.

Insurance companies make more money when they pay out more money. Sounds
strange, but everytine they have to pay out more money they raise rates, and
they make a percentage of the rates as profit. Higher rates, higher profit.

I guess they should be pushing to get rid of air bags, they could really
make some big time money.

Eisboch wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
I don't know. But I believe the number of severe head injuries due to
motorcycle accidents would go down.

Of course they would.

Who's head?

Eisboch

My guess is the person who hit the ground with his helmet vs. his head.

It seems to me (with my limited medical background) that a head
surrounded by a helmet can take more abuse than a head alone.

Eisboch wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
I don't know. But I believe the number of severe head injuries due to
motorcycle accidents would go down.

Of course they would.

Who's head?

Eisboch

My guess is the person who hit the ground with his helmet vs. his head.

It seems to me (with my limited medical background) that a head surrounded
by a helmet can take more abuse than a head alone.

I make it a priority not to find out.

Eisboch