HK HK is offline

Default The Watcher

http://tinyurl.com/35a8ym

This is Cal-Boy, the stray kitten we adopted a year ago. He showed up in
the back yard a few times, hungry but friendly. So we put out a safe
trap, baited with sardines. Naturally, he went for it. Took him to the
vet for a checkup and shots, and brought him home. Now, he follows me
around like a puppy, and always keeps me in sight. Weird behavior for a
cat, but he's very friendly and vocal.

HK wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/35a8ym
This is Cal-Boy

Looks like my girlfriend's cat (a Maine Coon). Is he exceptionally
large? With huge furry paws? And a ring tail (like a racoon)?

he follows me around like a puppy

So does hers. In fact, she walks him on a leash. That's always good
for a few double takes from passersby lol! Prolly the most laid back
cat I've ever known.

he's very friendly and vocal.

Sounds like hers.

Rick ---- not generally a cat lover but I make an exception for this
one.
HK HK is offline

lid wrote:
HK wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/35a8ym
This is Cal-Boy

Looks like my girlfriend's cat (a Maine Coon). Is he exceptionally
large? With huge furry paws? And a ring tail (like a racoon)?

he follows me around like a puppy

So does hers. In fact, she walks him on a leash. That's always good
for a few double takes from passersby lol! Prolly the most laid back
cat I've ever known.

he's very friendly and vocal.

Sounds like hers.

Rick ---- not generally a cat lover but I make an exception for this
one.

He looks somewhat like a Maine Coon Cat, but he's the product of I don't
know how many generations of "mutt" cats out here in the country. I have
no idea of his actual ancestry. He's pretty small, but he has HUGE fur,
so he looks bigger than he is. Yep...furry paws and a bushy, ringed tail.

Smart cat, too. He's got it good inside and he knows it. If I open the
back door to go out in the yard, he runs like hell in the other
direction. No interest in going outside for any reason.

"HK" wrote in message

http://tinyurl.com/35a8ym

This is Cal-Boy, the stray kitten we adopted a year ago. He showed up in
the back yard a few times, hungry but friendly. So we put out a safe trap,
baited with sardines. Naturally, he went for it. Took him to the vet for a
checkup and shots, and brought him home. Now, he follows me around like a
puppy, and always keeps me in sight. Weird behavior for a cat, but he's
very friendly and vocal.

He must sense what you saved him from. read in the paper that feral cats
usually only live an average of two years

My Springer Spaniel really follows us around. Wants to go everywhere we go.
Good buddy for a retired person, but not the best choice for a busy working
couple.

"Don White" wrote in message

My Springer Spaniel really follows us around. Wants to go everywhere we

go.
Good buddy for a retired person, but not the best choice for a busy

working
couple.

Sam Adams really enjoys getting out, riding in the truck and is good for a
few hours on the boat. After that he starts getting restless, and since I
am the only one around to play with, he starts driving me crazy. I end up
taking him for walks about every hour and a half just to get him to chill
out.

At 2 and a half years old now, he's still too much of a puppy to keep him on
the boat for an extended period of time.

Official photo (taken on the boat):

http://www.eisboch.com/HPIM0475s.jpg

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

My Springer Spaniel really follows us around. Wants to go everywhere we

go.
Good buddy for a retired person, but not the best choice for a busy

working
couple.

Sam Adams really enjoys getting out, riding in the truck and is good for a
few hours on the boat. After that he starts getting restless, and since I
am the only one around to play with, he starts driving me crazy. I end up
taking him for walks about every hour and a half just to get him to chill
out.

At 2 and a half years old now, he's still too much of a puppy to keep him on
the boat for an extended period of time.

Official photo (taken on the boat):

http://www.eisboch.com/HPIM0475s.jpg

Eisboch

Just think of how much success you would have had at Amity Regional if,
just for one day in your younger life, you were that handsome.

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

Just think of how much success you would have had at Amity Regional if,
just for one day in your younger life, you were that handsome.

Hey! I resemble that remark .....

http://www.eisboch.com/face.jpg

Eisboch

HK wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/35a8ym

This is Cal-Boy, the stray kitten we adopted a year ago. He showed up in
the back yard a few times, hungry but friendly. So we put out a safe
trap, baited with sardines. Naturally, he went for it. Took him to the
vet for a checkup and shots, and brought him home. Now, he follows me
around like a puppy, and always keeps me in sight. Weird behavior for a
cat, but he's very friendly and vocal.

That is characteristic of Maine Coon cats. Does she have a short tail?

HK HK is offline

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
HK wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/35a8ym

This is Cal-Boy, the stray kitten we adopted a year ago. He showed up
in the back yard a few times, hungry but friendly. So we put out a
safe trap, baited with sardines. Naturally, he went for it. Took him
to the vet for a checkup and shots, and brought him home. Now, he
follows me around like a puppy, and always keeps me in sight. Weird
behavior for a cat, but he's very friendly and vocal.

That is characteristic of Maine Coon cats. Does she have a short tail?

No, actually not. But as I said, I think he is a mutt. No way to
ascertain his ancestry. Might be partially Maine Coon. Interestingly, he
hung around with a bunch of small raccoons outside. Whatever he is, he
is a very appealing little guy.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

Just think of how much success you would have had at Amity Regional if,
just for one day in your younger life, you were that handsome.

Hey! I resemble that remark .....

http://www.eisboch.com/face.jpg

Eisboch

From one 'old dog' to another..... I think you look just fine!