Default Where in the world is SW TOM?

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:33:40 -0400, Jack Goff wrote:

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 22:23:13 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:56:53 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:59:50 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:29:07 -0400, HK wrote:

Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
I have a question about fishing rod repair...
Me first ...re gearcase oil.
I think he mentioned something about North Carolina.... or was it South?
We can ask Larry to keep an eye out for him.

I don't know why, but I just don't see Tom being a happy camper living
in dixie.
Oddly, as a "senior", it's much more advantageous to live down here
than in Connecticut.

For about a zillion reasons.
What part of SC are you thinking of moving to?

Lexington area - somewhere on Lake Murray.

Have you eaten at Shelley's BBQ yet?

Nope.

I'll put it on the list.

The BBQ place "loogy" is trying to come up with is Shealy's BBQ in
Leesville. It's very popular and pretty good, but they cook over gas
pits, so it's just rated fair among the locals that know real BBQ.

Jackie Hite's BBQ, also in Leesville, has real pit-cooked BBQ over
hickory. It's the real deal, and a plus is Jackie is a big-time
fisherman. Has some nice ones mounted and on the wall in the
restaraunt. It's the place I told you about when you were down here a
while back. I'll be there tomorrow for lunch.

10-4.

The wife arrives in town tonight - we'll try to make it.

I found it the other day while driving around.

"Jack Goff" wrote in message

Cool. I'll be in a group of 2-4 from work that always goes on
Fridays. We'll be the engineering and sales/marketing looking people.
The ones that don't look like the farmers, policemen, electric company
linesmen, or redneck trailer-trash that also frequent the place. :-)

I'll also have a fish in my pocket. For real. Be there about noon.

I think Tom would have more fun with the other group.....

Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
news:haWdnWI_GaqPRYnanZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@comca st.com...
[...]

while back. I'll be there tomorrow for lunch.- Hide quoted text -

Jack, I didn't call Shealy's Shelley's, that was Reggie. I've never
been there because of what you just said, gas pits. That's just plain
blasphemy! Still like the Boar's Nest in Columbia!

On Oct 19, 5:10 pm, Dry 1 wrote:
So spray your wife with wd 40.

HK wrote:
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:26:04 -0400, HK wrote:
I have a question about fishing rod repair...
I'm in the Great State of South Carolina.
What 'cha need?
Ahhh. The tip is loose on one of my spinning rods. Never had one loosen
before. Have broken tips and have had them replaced, but I'm sure I can
"handle" this little repair. Question: what glue to use. That's it.
Actually, you proably only need to reheat the guide and reset it.
You can use a heat gun or a hair dryer on hot to loosen the glue and
reset the guide.
Or, failing that, super glue. Use the kind that has a filler in it.
Or epoxy.
Or electrical tape. :)
Electrical tape is too...well...South Carolinian for me. I mean, isn't
that what rednecks use to patch up their condoms?- Hide quoted text -

That's duct tape. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape. If it
doesn't move and should, WD-40.

Thanks for clearing that up.- Hide quoted text -

Typical low life scum. Bringing someone's wife or kids into a
discussion and immediately degrading them like JimH has in the past
shows just what a piece of crap you are.

On Oct 19, 7:06 pm, Jack Goff wrote:
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:04:06 -0000, wrote:

Jack, I didn't call Shealy's Shelley's, that was Reggie. I've never
been there because of what you just said, gas pits. That's just plain
blasphemy! Still like the Boar's Nest in Columbia!

Ah... right you are!

Shealy's is good food. They have a wide variety, not just BBQ, and
everything is good quality. It's just that the BBQ is the mild,
gas-cooked kind. I prefer the smokier variety.

I'll have to give the Boar's Nest a try sometimes. There are two
locations, and one of them is fairly close by.

I've had Shealy's and you're right, it's good, but like you, I prefer
mine smokier, and I like them to add some outside bark, too. Boar's
Nest if very good stuff, you'll like it. When I travel to the area, I
always stop there.

Dan Dan is offline

HK wrote:

Hmmm. SC is not one of my favorite parts of the I-95 drive. Neither is
Virginia or North Carolina. :} I do like Charleston and Hilton Head,
though, in SC. Georgia is the best part of the I-95 trek. You're hardly
in the state before you are out of it! And Georgia does have Savannah!

Harry,

No one cares. Print this and give it to your shrink.

The End of the World Capt. Rob ASA 6 July 13th 06 07:39 PM
It's the end of the world.... Short Wave Sportfishing General 0 September 13th 04 11:39 AM
Cruising World/Sailing World Hoges in WA Cruising 6 September 7th 04 10:47 PM