Default Chesapeake Bay Wave Report - 2 to 3 today

2 to 3 inches that is.

We staked out the home turf of a well known LTP owner last night,
spending the night near the entrance of Herrington South. The
constant crashing of the surf kept us awake but that only enhanced our
look out vigil. LTP sightings: zero, apparently conditions were too
severe.

This morning we recrossed the bay to the Choptank River, dodging 2
inch seas as we went. Later on they kicked up to 3 as we entered the
Tred Avon and approached (censored). LTP sightings: zero.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
2 to 3 inches that is.

We staked out the home turf of a well known LTP owner last night,
spending the night near the entrance of Herrington South. The
constant crashing of the surf kept us awake but that only enhanced our
look out vigil. LTP sightings: zero, apparently conditions were too
severe.

This morning we recrossed the bay to the Choptank River, dodging 2
inch seas as we went. Later on they kicked up to 3 as we entered the
Tred Avon and approached (censored). LTP sightings: zero.

He, he he.

I gota laugh.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Wayne.B wrote:
2 to 3 inches that is.

We staked out the home turf of a well known LTP owner last night,
spending the night near the entrance of Herrington South. The
constant crashing of the surf kept us awake but that only enhanced our
look out vigil. LTP sightings: zero, apparently conditions were too
severe.

This morning we recrossed the bay to the Choptank River, dodging 2
inch seas as we went. Later on they kicked up to 3 as we entered the
Tred Avon and approached (censored). LTP sightings: zero.

Oh, so that wasn't your boat that caught fire near Solomons?

Better weather coming:

Overnight
Se winds 10 with gusts to 20 kt...becoming NW after midnight. Waves 2 to
3 ft. Isolated showers late this evening...then occasional sprinkles
after midnight.
Thu
NW winds 15 to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 22:44:39 -0400, HK wrote:

Better weather coming:

Overnight
Se winds 10 with gusts to 20 kt...becoming NW after midnight. Waves 2 to
3 ft. Isolated showers late this evening...then occasional sprinkles
after midnight.
Thu
NW winds 15 to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.

That's more like it, HT weather.

All of that summer like balminess was getting oppressive and we were
losing our motivation for heading south. When we pulled into
Herrington South last night and saw those palm trees it was like a
halucination.

Two years ago we went south from St Michaels to Solomons in a 35 kt
nor'wester. There wasn't a boat under 30 ft anywhere to be seen and
even the sailboats were cowering a bit.
HK HK is offline

Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 22:44:39 -0400, HK wrote:

Better weather coming:

Overnight
Se winds 10 with gusts to 20 kt...becoming NW after midnight. Waves 2 to
3 ft. Isolated showers late this evening...then occasional sprinkles
after midnight.
Thu
NW winds 15 to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.

That's more like it, HT weather.

All of that summer like balminess was getting oppressive and we were
losing our motivation for heading south. When we pulled into
Herrington South last night and saw those palm trees it was like a
halucination.

Two years ago we went south from St Michaels to Solomons in a 35 kt
nor'wester. There wasn't a boat under 30 ft anywhere to be seen and
even the sailboats were cowering a bit.

Wow. Did you award yourself a medal for making such a trip without
mishap? How high were those tostito-tossed waves again?

I prefer the other Herrington Marina. The restaurant at Herrington
Marina Resort, where you are, is related to the freestanding one at the
other marina, but the menu is a lot different and the food there isn't
as good. The resort marina attracts a lot of transient trash.

The other Herrington, just outside of Deale, is more a working marina,
too, with all manner of boat-related enterprises on the premises, and a
lot nicer crowd. Deale, in fact, has a lot more to offer.

Unfortunately, the best restaurant in Solomons changed hands last year
and the food went straight downhill. The big touristy food/bar along the
main drag burned to the ground. There is still a good "Italian"
restaurant there, though.

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 23:21:01 -0400, HK wrote:

Unfortunately, the best restaurant in Solomons changed hands last year
and the food went straight downhill. The big touristy food/bar along the
main drag burned to the ground. There is still a good "Italian"
restaurant there, though.

Vincenzo's gets good reviews but we haven't tried it.

We had an excellent meal 2 years ago at a place called the CD Cafe.
Hope it's still there but we may not get to Solomons this trip.

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 23:08:30 -0400, wrote:

Pretty nice down here too. Come on home

I'm estimating 3 or 4 weeks. Once the hurricane season is firmly
behind us we'll get into high gear.

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 00:39:55 -0400, wrote:

I'm estimating 3 or 4 weeks. Once the hurricane season is firmly
behind us we'll get into high gear.

The water temperature is starting to come down.
42003 out in the Gulf a couple hundred miles west of Naples is
reporting 83.5f (down from the 86-87 neighborhood) When it gets below
about 80 the water won't support much of a storm.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/maps/Florida.shtml

Yes, that's a good indicator.

My primary concern this time of year, and while heading south, are the
tropical lows that form near the Bahamas and the Gulf Stream. They
can go from 0 to 60 in a day, and zipping up the Carolina coast in no
time at all.

A fast moving cross over storm like Wilma can also ruin your entire
day.
HK HK is offline

Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 00:39:55 -0400, wrote:

I'm estimating 3 or 4 weeks. Once the hurricane season is firmly
behind us we'll get into high gear.

The water temperature is starting to come down.
42003 out in the Gulf a couple hundred miles west of Naples is
reporting 83.5f (down from the 86-87 neighborhood) When it gets below
about 80 the water won't support much of a storm.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/maps/Florida.shtml

Yes, that's a good indicator.

My primary concern this time of year, and while heading south, are the
tropical lows that form near the Bahamas and the Gulf Stream. They
can go from 0 to 60 in a day, and zipping up the Carolina coast in no
time at all.

A fast moving cross over storm like Wilma can also ruin your entire
day.

Hey, go for it. What have you got to lose? Today's northerlies will help
you clear the bay.