HK HK is offline

Default Chesapeake Bay Wave Report - 2 to 3 today

Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 00:39:55 -0400, wrote:

I'm estimating 3 or 4 weeks. Once the hurricane season is firmly
behind us we'll get into high gear.

The water temperature is starting to come down.
42003 out in the Gulf a couple hundred miles west of Naples is
reporting 83.5f (down from the 86-87 neighborhood) When it gets below
about 80 the water won't support much of a storm.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/maps/Florida.shtml

Yes, that's a good indicator.

My primary concern this time of year, and while heading south, are the
tropical lows that form near the Bahamas and the Gulf Stream. They
can go from 0 to 60 in a day, and zipping up the Carolina coast in no
time at all.

A fast moving cross over storm like Wilma can also ruin your entire
day.

Hey, go for it. What have you got to lose? Today's northerlies will help
you clear the bay.