Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
John H

Default Great Day on the Chesapeake Bay Today!@

We left Deale at 6:30, with the boat running perfectly after a $1000 (rough
estimate) repair bill!

OldFart brought a bunch of lures and we dropped lines just south of #83A in
about 32 feet of water. Two rods had umbrellas, one with white sassy shads, the
other with green. Both of them were loaded with clear Storm Shads with the
hooks. The other two rods were loaded with a spoon and a bucktail in tandem.

During the first hour we caught a dink or two, and I showed OldFart how to lose
one after a good takedown. He then proceeded to show me how to lose an even
bigger one!

About 8:30, all hell broke loose. Three rods went down in about 30 seconds. He
pulled in a double, with a blue (about 20") and a nice striper (25") one the
same line. I also had a double, two stripers, one about 22" and the other about
17". The small one went back, but before we could get both of OldFart's fish
into the cooler, another rod went down. This was another striper, about 22" or
so. Wow! Three keepers and a blue almost simultaneously!

I marked the spot and we spent another couple hours doing figure eights centered
thereon, but caught only a dink and another one that may have made 18" if we
smashed its head a little flatter. Finally, after about another hour, we caught
our last striper, an 18"er, which got us our limit.

On the way in we saw a bunch of breakers in Herring Bay, and OF managed to pull
in a 12" striper casting into the baitfish. I managed to snag a cow-nosed ray in
one of its wings. Cost me a nice lure.

A great day with great company!
--
John H