JohnH

Default Fishing Report - Chesapeake Bay, 10 Jul

Left Deale at 6:30 with OldFart and Gimp, aka Kirk and Chris. We had planned to
go to the Summer Gooses, had chum, ly's, gas, everything all set for a long run.
Trouble was, we had been planning on 'waves to 1 foot'. Well, waves averaging 2
feet (with a 3 footer thrown in every so often) would have been more accurate.
Anyway, we decided not to push my 21'er through that for 20 miles to the Gooses.

So, we went out to GC #1 off Holland Point, put some shrimp from my secret
oriental food store at location x on the hooks and started drifting, rapidly! We
were soon on a mess (about a dozen) of Perch and having a blast pulling the
little buggers out of the water. We also caught four or five krokes, not big,
but about 14-15". They'll be fried up as krokerkakes.

We bounced all around Herring Bay looking for some bigger kroker action, but
couldn't find any more. We went back to the channel for Herring Bay South
Marina, and caught a few more Perch.

The weather cleared up nicely, waves went down, temp stayed in the 70's, great
company, good water, for what more could one ask?

We WILL get to the Gooses, maybe next week if we don't get sidetracked!

Great day on the Bay!

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD