Tim Tim is offline

Default PING: Vic Smith...

It's here! Finally released!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Berlin-Game-Mexi...QQcmdZViewItem

WOOOOHOOOOOO!

Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 6, 7:29 pm, Tim wrote:
It's here! Finally released!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Berlin-Game-Mexi...-12-hrs-on-DVD...

WOOOOHOOOOOO!

"Be aware quality per episode does vary based on source material."

makes me wonder if this is a copy off an old VCR tape....

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:35:49 -0700, Tim wrote:

On Sep 6, 7:29 pm, Tim wrote:
It's here! Finally released!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Berlin-Game-Mexi...-12-hrs-on-DVD...

WOOOOHOOOOOO!

"Be aware quality per episode does vary based on source material."

makes me wonder if this is a copy off an old VCR tape....

Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah, better be careful with this. I read somewhere that the series
was a ratings disaster even though critically acclaimed, and all the
filmed (taped?) episodes weren't purchased or even completed.
I think what's out there was taped off TV viewings and probably highly
dicey.
Although I enjoyed the books, I have a vague recollection of some
disappointment at how it was all wrapped up.
It's more likely I'll reread the books than look for the mini-series.
On the bright side I got Smiley's People but haven't watched it yet.
And just yesterday "Army of Darkness" that Tom recommended.
But that's an entirely different kettle of fish.

--Vic
Tim Tim is offline

Vic Smith wrote:
Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah, better be careful with this. I read somewhere that the series
was a ratings disaster even though critically acclaimed, and all the
filmed (taped?) episodes weren't purchased or even completed.
I think what's out there was taped off TV viewings and probably highly
dicey.

Yeah, I believe it was copied. I don't think it was ever released, and
I don't know why it would be a "ratings disaster" On this one I would
agree with the critics. Even though it wasn't what I woudl call
"brilliant" I thought it was very well done, and extremely well
thought out.

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 17:22:43 -0000, Tim wrote:

Vic Smith wrote:
Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah, better be careful with this. I read somewhere that the series
was a ratings disaster even though critically acclaimed, and all the
filmed (taped?) episodes weren't purchased or even completed.
I think what's out there was taped off TV viewings and probably highly
dicey.

Yeah, I believe it was copied. I don't think it was ever released, and
I don't know why it would be a "ratings disaster" On this one I would
agree with the critics. Even though it wasn't what I woudl call
"brilliant" I thought it was very well done, and extremely well
thought out.

I remember enjoying it too. But it would probably put my wife to
sleep. You know how ratings work. Remember Simon & Simon?
A Stephan Cannell product. He wrote Rockford Files, Magnum, etc.
All light cop type stuff. I saw the premiere episodes of S & S and
liked it a lot. They canceled it because it was up against something
with better ratings. Enough people complained that they got it going
and it lasted about 5 years. Of course production values went down
as it progressed, just like with Rockford Files, which initially had a
lot of exteriors. Early on that trailer he lived in by the beach was
actually shot at the beach. Maybe Garner's increasing salary played
a factor in that, but it's pretty common.

--Vic

--Vic

Christopher Columbus Smith.. I finally found him Tim General 3 January 3rd 07 01:09 AM
Stunts on the Smith river [email protected] Whitewater 0 February 7th 06 08:08 AM
John K. Smith Mike ASA 1 February 5th 06 02:37 AM
attn: K.Smith habbi General 1 November 27th 05 11:32 PM