Tim Tim is offline

Default Christopher Columbus Smith.. I finally found him

Sort of:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...Rid=951842 5&

It's a shame they don't list some of his accomplishments. the site is
really vague.

If he had been an axe murderer his "bio" would have been a page long.

At least now I know where he's buried.....

Tim wrote:
Sort of:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...Rid=951842 5&

It's a shame they don't list some of his accomplishments. the site is
really vague.

If he had been an axe murderer his "bio" would have been a page long.

At least now I know where he's buried.....

That's a very unusual hobby.

Do you suppose that if CC Smith went to hell he's been forced to build
fiberglass boats as a punishment? :-)

On a serious note, I bet that a lot of the venerated traditionalists
from the 1st half of the 20th Century and the last half of the 19th
wouldn't have worked in wood if there had been a choice available to
them. (Now being subjected to a barrage of rocks, bottles and boos from
wood boat fans). Fiberglass is the current "default" material for most
pleasure boat building, but will there be boaters 150 years from now
enjoying a substantially improved technology and looking back at
fiberglass as "quaint" and old-fashioned?

I can see it now, boats built from some space-age compound we haven't
even heard of yet, with fiberglass deck trim
to give them a saltier, and more traditional appearance......

Tim Tim is offline

Chuck Gould wrote:

I can see it now, boats built from some space-age compound we haven't
even heard of yet, with fiberglass deck trim
to give them a saltier, and more traditional appearance......

Carbon Fiber?

Tim Tim is offline

Chuck Gould wrote:
At least now I know where he's buried.....

That's a very unusual hobby.

Actually Chuck, it's really not a hobby of mine to look up dead people.
(except for reletives), but i was looking on the Chris Craft page and
saw that the "founder" was Christopher Columbus Smith. (ironic name for
a boat builder?)

So, I did a search for him and with a small amount of persuance, I at
least found his grave. And knowing a bit about the website
(findagrave.com) , the contributors usually have a pretty good write up
on famous people.

Well, seeing that Christopher was really only famous in the boating
relm, I can see why there wouldn't be much of a write up about his
foundings, or company or patents etc.

But was rather disapointed that he just got recognition of founding
Chris Craft boats, and that's ... all.

Maybe I expected more.

Finally Found? WMD! NOYB General 1 March 19th 04 06:56 PM
OT--WMD's finally found... NOYB General 6 July 24th 03 12:01 AM