Default "New" boat

Picked up my new (to me) boat yesterday and am really tickled with it.

I found a vintage, 1971, original design (13') Boston Whaler that has been
restored and looks (almost) new. Improvements during the restoration
included new, single cable Teleflex steering, stainless helm, new compass,
etc. All the mahogany seats, mini console and forward hatch cover have been
redone or replaced. It's powered by a little 25 horse Johnson .... (newer)
that fired up immediately in the driveway with muffs and runs perfect.

The interior is the classic Boston Whaler baby blue as they were made in
those days. It's ironic that I worked at Boston Whaler while going to
school back in 1968 and these boats were the ones I did the post mold finish
work on.

Looking forward to splashing it today or this weekend. I need to repack or
replace the trailer bearings first. (didn't have "Bearing Buddies" and upon
inspection found some rusty water in the bearings).

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Us oldies are the goodies. Hope you enjoy the new boat.

"Eisboch" wrote in message
[...]

Nice find... do you know what the total towing weight would be for that
boat/motor/trailer combo?

"Eisboch" wrote in message
[...]

Hey how's that Whaler?

Oops. I thought I was JohnH for a second there.

Never mind.

"Don White" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know for sure, but an educated guess is 1000 lbs or less, including
6 gals of fuel. The newer models with the 40 hp four stroke may be a bit
higher in weight.

Here's a spec sheet I found on old and new Whalers. Mine must be the 1971
"Sport" model as it has the mahogany side console as well as the mahogany
seats and hatch cover.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message

Nice find... do you know what the total towing weight would be for that
boat/motor/trailer combo?

I don't know for sure, but an educated guess is 1000 lbs or less,
including 6 gals of fuel. The newer models with the 40 hp four stroke may
be a bit higher in weight.

Here's a spec sheet I found on old and new Whalers. Mine must be the
1971 "Sport" model as it has the mahogany side console as well as the
mahogany seats and hatch cover.

Eisboch

Sorry .... forgot to paste the link to the spec sheet:

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/13/

Eisboch

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 07:04:05 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

[...]

Is this an "indulgence" boat or a dink for your future boat?
Sounds neat in any case.

--Vic

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message

Here's a spec sheet I found on old and new Whalers. Mine must be the
1971 "Sport" model as it has the mahogany side console as well as the
mahogany seats and hatch cover.

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/13/

Eisboch

BTW .... if you scroll down a bit on the referenced link, you will find
links to dwgs. of embedded wood for mounting of accessories, cleats, etc.

Eisboch

"Vic Smith" wrote in message

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 07:04:05 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Picked up my new (to me) boat yesterday and am really tickled with it.

Is this an "indulgence" boat or a dink for your future boat?
Sounds neat in any case.

--Vic

Purely indulgence and a heck of a lot cheaper than a new one.
It brings back many memories of my youth, water skiing behind one and
working at B-W back when they were located in Rockland, MA.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Vic Smith" wrote in message

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 07:04:05 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Picked up my new (to me) boat yesterday and am really tickled with it.

Is this an "indulgence" boat or a dink for your future boat?
Sounds neat in any case.

--Vic

Purely indulgence and a heck of a lot cheaper than a new one.
It brings back many memories of my youth, water skiing behind one and
working at B-W back when they were located in Rockland, MA.

Eisboch

It'll be fun when you're at a boat launch and the owner of a $30K "wax me
daily" bass boat comes over to admire the simplicity of your new yacht.