Default "New" boat

(Eisboch)wrote
Picked up my new (to me) boat yesterday and am really tickled with it.
I found a vintage, 1971, original design (13') Boston Whaler that has
been restored and looks (almost) new. * Improvements during the
restoration included new, single cable Teleflex steering, stainless
helm, new compass, etc. All the mahogany seats, mini console and forward
hatch cover have been redone or replaced. It's powered by a little 25
horse Johnson .... (newer) that fired up immediately in the driveway
with muffs and runs perfect.
The interior is the classic Boston Whaler baby blue as they were made in
those days. It's ironic that I worked at Boston Whaler while going to
school back in 1968 and these boats were the ones I did the post mold
finish work on.
Looking forward to splashing it today or this weekend. I need to repack
or replace the trailer bearings first. (didn't have "Bearing Buddies"
and upon inspection found some rusty water in the bearings).
Eisboch

Congrats, The BW 13 with a 25 Johnson was my first powerboat, I was in
my early teens, and the stunt I pulled with it could of been a scene in
the movie jackass. Long story short. Surfing tugboat wakes in NY harbor,
being pitched out, and watching my whaler leave me behind was a learning
experience not repeated.
Did you get a kidney belt? UD