Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default "New" boat

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 07:04:05 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Picked up my new (to me) boat yesterday and am really tickled with it.

I found a vintage, 1971, original design (13') Boston Whaler that has been
restored and looks (almost) new. Improvements during the restoration
included new, single cable Teleflex steering, stainless helm, new compass,
etc. All the mahogany seats, mini console and forward hatch cover have been
redone or replaced. It's powered by a little 25 horse Johnson .... (newer)
that fired up immediately in the driveway with muffs and runs perfect.

The interior is the classic Boston Whaler baby blue as they were made in
those days. It's ironic that I worked at Boston Whaler while going to
school back in 1968 and these boats were the ones I did the post mold finish
work on.

Looking forward to splashing it today or this weekend. I need to repack or
replace the trailer bearings first. (didn't have "Bearing Buddies" and upon
inspection found some rusty water in the bearings).

Eisboch

Is this an "indulgence" boat or a dink for your future boat?
Sounds neat in any case.

--Vic