HK HK is offline

Default Danger! Fire rescue squad at risk...

http://tinyurl.com/2juohq

1999 Parker 2100SE (modified vee bottom)

Guess they didn't consult with the "experts" here...

HK wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/2juohq

1999 Parker 2100SE (modified vee bottom)

Guess they didn't consult with the "experts" here...

LOL, Harry you are taking this way to serious. The discussion of open
transom vs. a boat with an engine well is one that the experts do
discuss and is a great topic for rec.boats.

Here is David Pascoe take on open transoms (
http://www.yachtsurvey.com/boatreviews/GradyWhite24.htm)

Our main concern was the open transom with no motor well. We measured
the cockpit deck at 5-1/2" above the water line with a 4" deep well and
open scuppers. It has a removable plastic panel across the back which
isn't going to do much for security. Any wave crashing over the stern is
going to bend and force that unsupported panel out of its side mounting
channels. And because its easily removable, chances are that you will
remove it in order to gain the extra space. After all, that's why its
there. Apparently the idea is that if you are dumb enough to remove it,
they'll let you do that. In addition, there were two leaky plastic
inspection ports at the bottom of the well, and the hole in the side of
the liner for the engine controls (bottom right photo) is cut below the
level of the transom cut-down.

Since I've done a bit of night-time snapper fishing out on the reefs,
drifting along in the dark, I know what a big wave over the transom can
mean. You tend to forget what the 3 foot wake of a passing ship miles
away can do to the boat. It comes along completely unexpected and
catches you off-guard. To suddenly have a couple of feet of water
crashing into the cockpit, in the dark, out on the ocean, late at night,
when you know that the deck is not watertight, is a terrifying
experience. If you survive it. Ever have a boat go out from under you? I
have, and I can tell you that what you start thinking about is floating
over a reef with your feet dangling down. Suddenly the idea of becoming
fishbait bait yourself becomes very real. Take a close look at the
photo below right and you'll see why.

Another review of Open Transom boat by an owner:
http://www.everythingboats.com/ryob/...ew&boat_id=354

Boat Reviews By Owners

1985 -- 22' 2" GRADY WHITE

Model: Tournament

Cockpit: Lots of space and storage, open transom dangerous offshore,good
fishing boat for bays and coastal.

http://www.everythingboats.com/ryob/...ew&boat_id=354

Construction: Built poorly, Open tansom, impossible to get to bilge pump
when in the water without removing about fifty screws, Plywood laminated
transom rotted, sides are not thru bolted or glassed to the gunwale,
stres cracks galore, some blisters,bad ride on a 2 foot chop,electrical
panel had to be replaced, fuel tank rests on bottom of bilge and had to
be replaced, un exposed fiberglass surfaces are poorly finished, lots of
exposed plywood with out fiberglass,

Heck, even 3 of our more serious salt water fishermen in rec.boats (ones
who ACTUALLY use their boats) have stated their preference not to have
an open transom boat. Gene was surprised that a 21' boat had an open
transom, so you should be glad that your boat has encouraged such a
great on topic discussion.

If you like to have your feet wet, and water sloshing around your deck
it is no big deal.

Heck since you only use the boat 25 hours or so a year, why should you
care.

rom rom is offline

Here's a smart Parker owner-

"Something else to consider... Since Parker have the notched transom, I
requested that Parker raise the notch in the transom 5" and install a 30"
shaft outboard. As a result, I've never taken water over the transom and
I've been out in some real snotty weather with a few guys in the boat."

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=409062

HK HK is offline

rom wrote:
Here's a smart Parker owner-

"Something else to consider... Since Parker have the notched transom, I
requested that Parker raise the notch in the transom 5" and install a 30"
shaft outboard. As a result, I've never taken water over the transom and
I've been out in some real snotty weather with a few guys in the boat."

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=409062

I think it is wonderful that you fellas are keeping yourself busy
between bouts of jerking off. Perhaps you might get Reggie Retardo to
pull a little, in case you tire.
rom rom is offline

"It was the "Guardian" to the rescue once again Wednesday as the crew saved
three fishermen off the coast of Cedar Key. "

"The men who were rescued were Kevin Ohmer, 40, and Jason Burgos, 29, of
Ohio, and Keith Adams, 68, of Kentucky. "

"Apparently the men were fishing from their 21-foot center-console boat when
the vessel took on water over the transom and began to sink. They were able
to get only one radio transmission out," Mazzeo said.

"According to Mazzeo, the sea conditions were about 3 to 4 feet with an east
wind of about 10-15 knots."

"The men were fishing while drifting and were not at anchor. The vessel's
engine wasn't running and the boat took on too much water over the *low*
transom. The vessel is currently adrift and a notice to mariners was
issued," Mazzeo said.

http://myfwc.com/whatsnew/07/northce...guardian2.html

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
rom wrote:
Here's a smart Parker owner-

"Something else to consider... Since Parker have the notched transom, I
requested that Parker raise the notch in the transom 5" and install a 30"
shaft outboard. As a result, I've never taken water over the transom and
I've been out in some real snotty weather with a few guys in the boat."

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=409062

I think it is wonderful that you fellas are keeping yourself busy between
bouts of jerking off. Perhaps you might get Reggie Retardo to pull a
little, in case you tire.

rom is another Reggie alias.

Does that surprise you at all?

JimH wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
rom wrote:
Here's a smart Parker owner-

"Something else to consider... Since Parker have the notched transom, I
requested that Parker raise the notch in the transom 5" and install a 30"
shaft outboard. As a result, I've never taken water over the transom and
I've been out in some real snotty weather with a few guys in the boat."

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=409062

I think it is wonderful that you fellas are keeping yourself busy between
bouts of jerking off. Perhaps you might get Reggie Retardo to pull a
little, in case you tire.

rom is another Reggie alias.

Does that surprise you at all?

It surprises me. Tell me JimH, how did you come upon this amazing bit
of detective work? Did you do the same thing someone did when Harry
invented his sock puppet to talk about his Lobster Boat? Did you double
check my IP and compare it to rom's and see we both have the same IP?

I would love to place a wager, any wager, that you are wrong.

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 19:40:36 GMT, rom penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

"It was the "Guardian" to the rescue once again Wednesday as the crew saved
three fishermen off the coast of Cedar Key. "

"The men who were rescued were Kevin Ohmer, 40, and Jason Burgos, 29, of
Ohio, and Keith Adams, 68, of Kentucky. "

"Apparently the men were fishing from their 21-foot center-console boat when
the vessel took on water over the transom and began to sink. They were able
to get only one radio transmission out," Mazzeo said.

"According to Mazzeo, the sea conditions were about 3 to 4 feet with an east
wind of about 10-15 knots."

"The men were fishing while drifting and were not at anchor. The vessel's
engine wasn't running and the boat took on too much water over the *low*
transom. The vessel is currently adrift and a notice to mariners was
issued," Mazzeo said.

http://myfwc.com/whatsnew/07/northce...guardian2.html

What kind of boat?

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
-----------------
-----------------
HK HK is offline

JimH wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
rom wrote:
Here's a smart Parker owner-

"Something else to consider... Since Parker have the notched transom, I
requested that Parker raise the notch in the transom 5" and install a 30"
shaft outboard. As a result, I've never taken water over the transom and
I've been out in some real snotty weather with a few guys in the boat."

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=409062

I think it is wonderful that you fellas are keeping yourself busy between
bouts of jerking off. Perhaps you might get Reggie Retardo to pull a
little, in case you tire.

rom is another Reggie alias.

Does that surprise you at all?

Ahh. Thanks. I suppose that proves the maxim that an asshole by any
other name still...stinks.

Jim Jim is offline

Nice T top

. ..

The Nation at Risk! Gilligan ASA 8 November 5th 06 01:18 AM
Danger, Danger, Will Robinson! Skipper General 7 November 5th 05 07:06 PM
OT Sealords II Attack Squad Gould 0738 General 19 September 14th 04 12:54 AM
Canoepolo Birthday Calendars for sale with Dutch Ladies' Canoepolo Squad Michiel Verhoef General 1 February 5th 04 04:35 PM