Senior Member

Default Should I buy this Boston Whaler

On May 28, 12:25 pm, wrote:
On May 28, 11:54 am, Wayne.B wrote:

On 27 May 2007 18:33:43 -0700, wrote:

I have a nice Brockway 16. High sides, nice swim ladder lots of room.
I think if I could get that on plane, I would be happy with it, right
now I have hull speed all day long, but no faster. Do you think a 25
would get it going (I have one but I would need to do some work on it)
or do I need to go 40-50 horse.

That's a big heavy boat for a 25, don't think it would plane with even
one person a board, certainly not with two or three. A 50 would be
more reasonable in my experience.

Thanks, that's what I figured. I am getting closer to buying the
Whaler, I can get it for less than most used 50 horse engines I have
seen on line so far just price shoping, Still would keep the Brockway,
it is quite a tool for fishing, swimming, cruising, camping etc. I may
post some pics later if anyone is interested.

Well, I decided to buy the Whaler, very excited, gave the guy a
call...

15 minutes to late, the guy was taking cash for it as we spoke,
bummer. Hope it went to a good home.

I hate buyers too

On 28 May 2007 10:54:06 -0700, wrote:

Well, I decided to buy the Whaler, very excited, gave the guy a
call...

15 minutes to late, the guy was taking cash for it as we spoke,
bummer. Hope it went to a good home.

There are lots of Whalers out there.

Senior Member

On May 28, 3:27 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On 28 May 2007 10:54:06 -0700, wrote:

Well, I decided to buy the Whaler, very excited, gave the guy a
call...

15 minutes to late, the guy was taking cash for it as we spoke,
bummer. Hope it went to a good home.

There are lots of Whalers out there.

Thanks for the encouraging words, I guess I won't jump out the window
yet. Of course if I did I would just screw up the lawn. 1 story
home

wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 28, 3:27 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On 28 May 2007 10:54:06 -0700, wrote:

Well, I decided to buy the Whaler, very excited, gave the guy a
call...

15 minutes to late, the guy was taking cash for it as we spoke,
bummer. Hope it went to a good home.

There are lots of Whalers out there.

Thanks for the encouraging words, I guess I won't jump out the window
yet. Of course if I did I would just screw up the lawn. 1 story
home

Snooze and lose.

Seriously...........sorry you missed out.

I am considering getting rid of our runabout next year and buying a center
console in the 24 foot range with a single outboard. I am tired of this I/O
crap and cramped space on the runabout.

On Mon, 28 May 2007 17:49:33 -0400, "JimH"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 28, 3:27 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On 28 May 2007 10:54:06 -0700, wrote:

Well, I decided to buy the Whaler, very excited, gave the guy a
call...

15 minutes to late, the guy was taking cash for it as we spoke,
bummer. Hope it went to a good home.

There are lots of Whalers out there.

Thanks for the encouraging words, I guess I won't jump out the window
yet. Of course if I did I would just screw up the lawn. 1 story
home

Snooze and lose.

Seriously...........sorry you missed out.

I am considering getting rid of our runabout next year and buying a center
console in the 24 foot range with a single outboard. I am tired of this I/O
crap and cramped space on the runabout.

Take a look at Polar - I really like their 23 foot class CC.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it across to them that I don't want
a Yamaha, I don't want a Mercury and just a boat without gages or
engine or controls.

Unbelievable. Like they are selling zillions of boats.

You might also want to take a look at Pathfinder. I took a ride on
one today - their 2300 DV is a very nice boat.

Or Contender which is also a great boat.

On Mon, 28 May 2007 17:49:33 -0400, "JimH"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
On May 28, 3:27 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

I see a lot of Contenders, Whalers, Grady's and Edgewater's around here.

I just broke the news to my wife over dinner............one more summer with
this runabout and we are done with it. She was not happy.

Senior Member

On May 28, 6:08 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On 28 May 2007 14:09:33 -0700, wrote:

On May 28, 3:27 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On 28 May 2007 10:54:06 -0700, wrote:

Well, I decided to buy the Whaler, very excited, gave the guy a
call...

15 minutes to late, the guy was taking cash for it as we spoke,
bummer. Hope it went to a good home.

There are lots of Whalers out there.

Thanks for the encouraging words, I guess I won't jump out the window
yet. Of course if I did I would just screw up the lawn. 1 story
home

Hell - you want a deal?

I'll give you a deal.

$13,000 will get you my Ranger with low hours 200 FICHT, jack plate,
T-top, new tires on the trailer with new brake pads, spare tire and
various other and ends.

What a bargin.

It is, and I am trying to contact a bud who is into fishing with his
dad and looking to upgrade their bassboat to a boat better suited for
the sound. I am actually going to be more landlocked in fresh water
for a few years so I am looking to get a smaller boat than my current
16 foot workskiff (read lighter, easier to load, unload, push around
the yard on trailer, at my age) I was totally convinced about that
Whaler, if I do buy another boat, it will be something like that I can
take anywhere fast, and fish from all day. I will still keep the
Brockway, that is set up great for family fishing and fun, just needs
more power and a bigger trailer to be more comfortable to use without
a big production.

Senior Member

On May 28, 3:27 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On 28 May 2007 10:54:06 -0700, wrote:

Well, I decided to buy the Whaler, very excited, gave the guy a
call...

15 minutes to late, the guy was taking cash for it as we spoke,
bummer. Hope it went to a good home.

There are lots of Whalers out there.

Yeah, I have been searching for two days now and have not seen one
that was not three times the price though.. I really f****d up. I am
so ****ed at myself.

Virginia Tech shooting - attn: Wilbur Peter Hendra Cruising 46 April 18th 07 09:12 AM
HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM
Saltwater Boat Group (Boston Whaler, Sea Pro, Sea Boss, and Palmetto) NOYB General 22 January 5th 05 08:37 PM
18' Boston Whaler Raider - Dive, Commercial, Rugged! Dan Boat Building 1 March 22nd 04 03:37 PM
18' Boston Whaler Raider - Dive, Commercial, Rugged! Dan Cruising 0 March 22nd 04 06:16 AM