[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Should I buy this Boston Whaler

Found a 84 13 1/2 foot Boston Whaler today. Galvanized cox trailer, 28
horse mid 80's engine, very clean. All three pieces supposedly owned
by guy and his dad and brother. Everything looks origional, well kept,
engine looks very well tended. the guy wants 2000, I offered him 16
and he did not run me out.

What do you think? I would probably keep the Brockway for bigger water
and camping, but this one might be fun for pulling the kids around,
easier for me to take single handed fishing, and of course, a lot
faster without sacrificing too much gas.

Any Ideas on how fast this boat should go with the 28 and how much gas
I would use running around a big lake all day? Thanks in advance, I
love the look of the hulls on these things, tough to do out of wood.

Physically I am getting a little old to be horseing the Brockway
around by myself too much longer. I should note, I do most of my water
sport/drink/fish in fresh water, trailer boating.