[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Should I buy this Boston Whaler

On May 28, 12:25 pm, wrote:
On May 28, 11:54 am, Wayne.B wrote:

On 27 May 2007 18:33:43 -0700, wrote:

I have a nice Brockway 16. High sides, nice swim ladder lots of room.
I think if I could get that on plane, I would be happy with it, right
now I have hull speed all day long, but no faster. Do you think a 25
would get it going (I have one but I would need to do some work on it)
or do I need to go 40-50 horse.

That's a big heavy boat for a 25, don't think it would plane with even
one person a board, certainly not with two or three. A 50 would be
more reasonable in my experience.

Thanks, that's what I figured. I am getting closer to buying the
Whaler, I can get it for less than most used 50 horse engines I have
seen on line so far just price shoping, Still would keep the Brockway,
it is quite a tool for fishing, swimming, cruising, camping etc. I may
post some pics later if anyone is interested.

Well, I decided to buy the Whaler, very excited, gave the guy a
call...

15 minutes to late, the guy was taking cash for it as we spoke,
bummer. Hope it went to a good home.

I hate buyers too